Looking for Water Change Hose

I have a 3/4 inch ball valve valve off of my mixing station.

I do have a pvc hose adapter to 3/4", but I'm not sure if I should use a hose like this? Most of the RV drinking water hoses are 5/8".

I can find a 75 or 100 foot 3/4 inch lead free hose (drinking water safe), but wondering if I'll introduce any metal over time? This will just be to fill the tank initially, and perform water changes.

Ideas?

I was looking at this hose. Was going to cut the one end off that enters the tank, and screw the other end into the pvc hose adapter at my station.

https://www.amazon.com/Element-Cont...518454864&sr=8-5&keywords=3/4"+Water+Hose+75'

johnwin84

Premium Member
Supporter
Let me know how it works. I need to connect a hose to my mixing station as well. I was just going to use black vinyl tubing but it expensive and doesn't untangel well

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
You can also use that hose cut the ends off and replace them with plastic fittings. They sell them at HD for pretty cheap. I went that route at my last house so I could place a ball valve on the hose end and control flow at the tank when filling up. I also put back to back pvc elbows after the ball valve so it would hang on the sump wall so i didn't have to hold it.

also a cheapo hose reel mounted near the mixing station may make life a lot easier.

Latest posts