Hello Everyone

Hi I wanted to introduce myself. I am 48 and have been in the hobby about 16 years. Ive been into dragging and trading corals and keeping my reef tank as pristine as possible. I obtained a group of peppermint shrimp over last summer and got into researching and breeding the peppermint shrimp and several species of fish including clowns.
Prior to that I was getting proficient in breeding copepods, rotifers and Phyto. I began selling these first foods to my forum pals. Eventually I was able to sell enough to build my breeding station.

Here is my display. I have Vortech MP40s and Vectra return pump. He display is 140 gallons with a 50 sump. I like to trade corals as well. If anyone is into breeding anything, please get in touch with me. IMG_1524.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No surf in Az. You buy future waterfront for when the big one strikes and California falls into the ocean? Crazy people think that could happen. Anyway, nice set up.
Have you ever visited that AZ Gardens? Giant fish farm out there somewhere.
Everyones always looking for a good source of live food. If you ship you'll probably get some clients here.

No surf in Az. You buy future waterfront for when the big one strikes and California falls into the ocean? Crazy people think that could happen. Anyway, nice set up.
Have you ever visited that AZ Gardens? TGiant fish farm out there somewhere.
Everyones always looking for a good source of live food. If you ship you'll probably get some clients here.
I have and do ship out if anyone does need any pods rotis or Phyto. Ive got a nice collection of bugs. So if anyone needs to start their own culture for pods rotifers or Phyto, I can give you the bugs and tell you how to raise them and how to beat use them to feed and clean your display tank. Pods and rotifers both are good scavengers and good part of your clean up crew. They break down organic molecules from detritus.
Oh, and I am also a real estate broker if anyone wants to buy some really nice, future beachfront property in Arizona.
I havent heard of a fish farm. Where is it exactly? We just got a really nice and overly priced aquarium to visit though!
I

I want to start growing phyto and subsequently pods. Any tips on a simple system?
Yes, I can help. The MOST simplest way to culture copepods (or rotifers for anyone wondering) is to use a 5 gallon bucket or any good safe container. It doesnt even need to be 5g. You can make it whatever volume youd like or can fit into your surroundings. You can use an airline, but only at one bubble a second. You dont need to heat the water as you do fish, but in extreme environments a heater is required.
You can feed your pods Phyto, really most species will do. Just use the most nutritious Phyto you can grow. There are other feeds out there. One that I personally use is RG Complete by Reed Mariculture. Great company with outstanding customer support. Youll want to give your colonies about two months to really take off.
As far as Phyto goes, youll need to get at least a 4ft fluorescent light and attach to something horizontally near the floor or surface that youll set the bottles on. Order your source cultures from a larger company such as Florida Mariculture-the ones who started it all. Instructions for the growth or the microalgae should come with it, but generally youll take sterile bottles with sterile saltwater ( or freshwater for some species) and combine with nutrients and wait about a week. With Phyto theres no real shortcuts.

I'm about to start a rotifer setup - well, all my live foods, actually. What are your rates?
Hi just saw your post. I can either supply you with rotifers and copepods if thats what you were looking for, plus help getting started. Its not rocket science but its always nice to have some back up starting something new.
My FB site is @PaulsPodsAZ.
I carry tigger pods and two types of rotifers. I also breed some types of fish and shrimp.
Are you looking to breed as well?
Send me a message. If you buy the pods Ill throw in the rotifers for free.

Excellent. I will send you one soon. I have to get my breeding setup reset. I did pods before with great success, but never got around to rotifers, but haven't redone them since i moved six months ago, so i will definitely do so soon.

Latest posts