what salt do you use on your tanks

Fritz: inconsistent parameters.
Red Sea coral pro: alk was too high for my sps.
Brightwell neo Marine: has a plastic burn smell. Couldnt be good.
Now sticking with Red Sea blue bucket. Always consistent parameters. Plus its Red Sea.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Ive been using fritz for a while now and find it consistently good with excellent parameters. What sort of alk inconsistency did you find [MENTION=5150]F-Dawg[/MENTION]
Fritz: inconsistent parameters.
Red Sea coral pro: alk was too high for my sps.
Brightwell neo Marine: has a plastic burn smell. Couldnt be good.
Now sticking with Red Sea blue bucket. Always consistent parameters. Plus its Red Sea.
Funny how people get different results with the same product. It makes me wonder how everyone goes about mixing their salt and if that is somehow making the difference of opinions. Or is it test kits?

Just bought 2 boxes of Fritz. First batch is mixing tomorrow so I'll update after a bit. Switching from IO because I always feel the need to clean the dried clay trap out and it's a pain.

Definitely wasnt test kits or salt mixing. When I purchased the salt from two guys Coral JW told me I might want to mix the salt around in the bag for a few minutes before using. So I did. Tossed the bag around, used a stir stick and still had inconsistent calcium and alkalinity but as I got to the bottom the bag the results were more consistent. So, Im pretty sure he knew it was either a bad batch or he was having same issues.

deefish714

Rscp yes alk is a bit high. But with 10 percent water changes. Really doesn't spike it at all. Always consistent. Completely mixed in minutes. Ready to use 45 minutes. Couldn't be easier.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

I have 4 tanks. Funny is , I have assigned salts.

My 360g uses IO reef crystals. Good luck over the last decade with this salt
my 93 cube uses aquaforest salt- an ok salt blend
my 25cube uses seachem salt and it is great with results and dissolvability
my drop off tank uses Red sea pro and is also a very good blend

Of all 4, I see best results using the seachem vibrant