What is the TECHNICAL term?

What is the technical term for a center island overflow?

I am a huge fan of hidden plumbing,etc, and would love to know the technical term for this.

Peninsula tank, center overflow, corner overlflow... they're all such wonderful terms. But I am never able to get a good Google for those beautiful center of the room pieces that are completely hidden of infrastructure.

Better yet, who is a reliable manufacturer that creates them as a non custom product?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
Trapazoid overflow?

nay

Premium Member
Supporter
What is the technical term for a center island overflow?

I am a huge fan of hidden plumbing,etc, and would love to know the technical term for this.

Peninsula tank, center overflow, corner overlflow... they're all such wonderful terms. But I am never able to get a good Google for those beautiful center of the room pieces that are completely hidden of infrastructure.

Better yet, who is a reliable manufacturer that creates them as a non custom product?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
U mean like right in the middle of the tank and you can see the tank from all 4 side? According to advance aqua tank its called center overflow lol and twin center for 2 center overflow.

Reason is not a lot of ppl wanna put the fish tank right in the middle of the house.... so theres no market forthat

Trapazoid overflow?
Trapazoid. Just the shape. Not location.

I would think it's just called a center overflow on a four sided viewable or 360 degree tank. Did a search myself and no special "term". Very cool tanks seeing you can scape the whole tank. Haven't been to AGE in a very long time but theirs was always a nice sight.

Trapazoid. Just the shape. Not location.

I would think it's just called a center overflow on a four sided viewable or 360 degree tank. Did a search myself and no special "term". Very cool tanks seeing you can scape the whole tank. Haven't been to AGE in a very long time but theirs was always a nice sight.
Age.... Do you mean age of aquariums?

Sent from my 1+3t

Yeah they have a large cube tank in the center of the store.
Yeah. I'm familiar with it. That is a bit wider than my interest.

I was under the impression that perhaps they carried a regular stock, but i know their CIOs are custom made for every order.

I will probably end up going with a 120g ,72" with two overflows.

I have almost two more years before i have to start piecinh this together, though, etc.

Sent from my 1+3t

Engineers would call it a central weir

Gladiators would call it a cloaca maxima

Yeah. I'm familiar with it. That is a bit wider than my interest.

I was under the impression that perhaps they carried a regular stock, but i know their CIOs are custom made for every order.

I will probably end up going with a 120g ,72" with two overflows.

I have almost two more years before i have to start piecinh this together, though, etc.

Yes. Age of Aquariums.

Stricly Fish in Long Beach also has/had one. Freshwater. Or was, been a few years since I've been there too. It was about 72x36x18? Cool set up as you look look down in it. Seems to be alot of these for sale lately.

Latest posts