Need help quick

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Title should say advice*.

Drained 10g of water from my display for a WC. Opened the valve to pour water into my bucket from the mixing station and out falls the tip of my glass float thermometer. In teh bottom of the bucket is a bunch of balls and the mercury tube is busted as well.

Not sure what to do, guess i have to go buy some salt to get my tank filled but what about the station itself? I've been dunking my hands in there to test parameters and salinity over teh last day, kinda worries me.

Do u have rodi? I actually buy water but have salt on hand. Lmk if u need some salt Im on goldenwest and Westminster

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Of course man. Ill do what I can for the socalireef fam lol were one of last of the ocean wildlife preservers

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Was the thermometer inside your mixing station? Can you rinse the bins and shop vac them?
Yeah I just pulled apart my whole station before mixing this batch to clean the brown clay crap IO kept leaving behind. I thought i misplaced the thermometer but what must have actually happened was it got sucked in the 1" pipe and fed to the pump. I'm going to have to break it down and try to blow out the fittings with a hose. The little balls are intact still in the tip i found, so I'm thinking its just glass and a little alcohol/dye. I've been wanting to swap the Mag24 out since it creates so much heat so I'm gonna shop around for some external pumps while I've got it apart this time.

Anyone make a good external dc pump that'd mix up a 55g barrel well?

BeanMachine

Supporter
Yeah I just pulled apart my whole station before mixing this batch to clean the brown clay crap IO kept leaving behind. I thought i misplaced the thermometer but what must have actually happened was it got sucked in the 1" pipe and fed to the pump. I'm going to have to break it down and try to blow out the fittings with a hose. The little balls are intact still in the tip i found, so I'm thinking its just glass and a little alcohol/dye. I've been wanting to swap the Mag24 out since it creates so much heat so I'm gonna shop around for some external pumps while I've got it apart this time.

Anyone make a good external dc pump that'd mix up a 55g barrel well?
What a PIA.

Ive always have SW made (Instant ocean)
Hit me up if you need any

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts