Hello from SFV!

Hey everyone!

My name is Zach and I've been in and out of the reefing hobby for about 8 years now. About a year and a half ago, my fiance and I purchased a home which allowed me to get serious about starting up a new, larger tank since I knew we wouldn't be bouncing around every year renting a new place.

Since I started the hobby, I had always wanted a 40 breeder so that is what I ended up going with. I drilled the tank, which was terrifying, and built a custom stand and sump. The tank has been up now for a little over a year and I'm now really getting into the hobby more than ever so I figured I should stop being a lurker here and actually participate!

LPS seems to do very well in my tank and I've begun experimenting with easy to keep SPS. So far I've had luck with monti caps and digitata and I'm just starting to experiment with some more difficult acros.

As for fish, I currently have an emerald goby, foxface rabbit, two ocellaris clowns, starry blenny and a red head solon fairy wrasse.

Oh and let me know if you're also from SFV...I'd love to buy some cheap starter sps frags if you've got em :lol (2):

Below are some pics...apologize for the poor picture quality. I haven't quite figured out the best way to adjust settings on my phone for aquarium pictures.

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

Latest posts