Co2 regulator gauge

Titanwerx

Premium Member
Supporter
Hoping someone can answer this, isnt the needle on the regulator suppose to be on the other side when not open? Do I need to replace it or is there a way to fix it?

Here it is when I open the bottle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titanwerx

Premium Member
Supporter
It has spun 360,it's broken.
Hmm, thats what I thought. Im thinking I can just replace it for minimal cost but Im also thinking the solenoid valve might also be busted as it doesnt seem to do anything when its plugged in or not. Im now thinking of just cutting my losses and springing for an aquarium plant life electronic ones, I hear good things about those.

Hmm, thats what I thought. Im thinking I can just replace it for minimal cost but Im also thinking the solenoid valve might also be busted as it doesnt seem to do anything when its plugged in or not. Im now thinking of just cutting my losses and springing for an aquarium plant life electronic ones, I hear good things about those.

Those are single stage from what I know of them. I have spare parts for a brand new regulator if you want to build your own lmk. (It'll probably cost as much if not cheaper) than the one you wanna buy

I have had a similar experience with the low pressure gauge. I just left it that way for months with no problem, as long as it doesn't leak Co2. You can check your solenoid by plugging it directly into an outlet and listen for the 'click' of it opening or closing. Solenoids are not expensive to replace. Also, check out the Tunze Co2 regulator(https://www.marinedepot.com/Tunze_C...ors_for_Aquariums-Tunze-TZ1113-FICORE-vi.html). It is by far the easiest to setup and is user friendly,plus a great price. I have two of the very expensive medical regulators and the Tunze. The Tunze regulator doesn't need a wrench to attach it to the Co2 tank for one thing and it is compact. I prefer it now. I have no experience with the plant life regulators.

Latest posts