What kind of supplements do you use?

jessesoto33

Supporter
Just was wondering what supplements you prefer? I personally use Red Sea Reef Foundation, I notice rapid growth and fast coloration when using this product. I dont use the Cal/Mag/Alk part because BRS has larger packages for much less. I do recommend Reef Energy A and B and also Reef Foundation Colors A,B,C, and D. I even use Red Sea test Kit for Mag and Cal only. Also N0p0x works great when you need to bring down nitrates but caution when nitrates are down you must stop dosing or you can wipe out your corals for they need a small amount of nitrate to survive.

Before I was using esv 2 part and mag. Growth was crazy. Now in a different system doing aqua forest components 123 along with acropower. I have to say growth isnt as crazy but colors are a lot more vibrant

jessesoto33

Supporter
Before I was using esv 2 part and mag. Growth was crazy. Now in a different system doing aqua forest components 123 along with acropower. I have to say growth isnt as crazy but colors are a lot more vibrant
I used Acrorpower for a few months and it works pretty good for me also.

Chads_coral_collection

Premium Member
Supporter
100 percent use everything you said! Except I dont use Reef energy. I think that is a amino acid correct? I use acropower for that. And I havent needed to use nopox yet! I have used stump remover and calcium nitrate to raise my nitrate tho!

I recently started using HW Wiegandt tip-1,tip-2, and bio -tip.
Had a crash in my DT and this along with bacteria has helped bring back colors.
Ive heard allot about reef energy A,B but haven't had the chance to try it since im usong acropower.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

For me I primarily use ESV B-Ionic 2 part as its seems to be one of the easiest for me. I did use the Red Sea system and I liked that as well. I'd recommend either one honestly. The red sea gives you more control over different elements, but since I started doing automated daily 1% water changes with my dosing pump, using ESV 2 part allows me to only need one 4 head dosing unit.

Latest posts