walt disney newbie

i got a WD frag from mr. v, just a few days ago.... it's about 1"

it's our 1st higher end sps.

well, the entire frag is changing from a bit white-ish, to a light blue lavender. is this good? better than brown or white, lol

the yellow polyps are out, and it's kinda furry on the lower part.

Last edited:

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Are you running radions like Mr V?

When i first got my WD it was fully colored but seemed to get shocked by my tanks parameters. It was a light blue with green polyps but as its adjusted it has blue and purple base and looks to be coloring towards pink in the new growth. Greenish polyps but new growth has yellow polyps. I'm suprised because I almost like its looks as much under daylight settings as i do when it ramps down to all blues. I always heard they were ugly under whites but both Mr V and OGFrenchorn's look great under straight day light settings.

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
The frag you got from me the other day was the new grow on my colony. So its normal to be a little less polyps toward the tip.
(But since you picking up, you know hows the colony look like right?! Hairy!)
The question is: does it have polyps extension? If yes, I wouldnt worry too much.
The WD can handle a ton of light with no problem. Mine under around 500~600 par.
And for the peace in mind, I got you an absolutely free replacement if yours gone with the wind...

jessesoto33

Supporter
The frag you got from me the other day was the new grow on my colony. So its normal to be a little less polyps toward the tip.
(But since you picking up, you know hows the colony look like right?! Hairy!)
The question is: does it have polyps extension? If yes, I wouldnt worry too much.
The WD can handle a ton of light with no problem. Mine under around 500~600 par.
And for the peace in mind, I got you an absolutely free replacement if yours gone with the wind...
Now thats customer service!

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
Not much related, but I think its interesting:

Under g3 pros+t5s

Under g3 pros (no t5, same system)

Under g4 pros

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
Mine is a yellowish with hints of pink. Its stayes the same ince i got it at rap, color wise. It jas grown some. I have mine under t5 which lawyer aquariums does as well.

Are you running radions like Mr V?

When i first got my WD it was fully colored but seemed to get shocked by my tanks parameters. It was a light blue with green polyps but as its adjusted it has blue and purple base and looks to be coloring towards pink in the new growth. Greenish polyps but new growth has yellow polyps. I'm suprised because I almost like its looks as much under daylight settings as i do when it ramps down to all blues. I always heard they were ugly under whites but both Mr V and OGFrenchorn's look great under straight day light settings.
Ev'e has his entire system powered by nuclear reactors.

i got a WD frag from mr. v, just a few days ago.... it's about 1"

it's my 1st higher end sps.

well, the entire frag is changing from a bit white-ish, to a light blue lavender. is this good? better than brown or white, lol

the yellow polyps are out, and it's kinda furry on the lower part.
John, any updates on your WD?

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
I still enjoy them under the AB+ radion schedule. I believe that's equivalent to 18k but not sure what kelvin you're running your MH at.

five.five-six

2020 Philanthropist
I had been running radium 20K lamps but recently moved to Aqualine 13k + T5HO ATI blue plus. Giant spike a the ~440nm range on both options.

[MENTION=4205]LesPaulPlayer73[/MENTION]

it's doing fine. hairy. under reefbrites, it has a blue body and yellow polyps. dunno how to take pics yet under blue light, sorry.

update... we swapped ai to radions a few months back, measured par at 320 with seneye, and it fried like kfc. :tongue (2): guess we need to find another lol

Latest posts