Curing dry rock

dontavo27

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
My Tank Build
Whats up SCR! So I recently purchased about 30lbs. Of some dry rock from another reefer on the forum. I wactched the BRS video on curing live/dry rock, and went with there idea of the best way to cure rock. I did 10 minute muriatic acid bath, followed by what is soon to be a week long chlorine bath. My question is, after I rinse this rock in RO/DI water lets say for another week, would it be okay to finish curing this rock in the display tank its going in?
This will be a bare bottom tank, with no livestock in it till its ready and has gone through the cycle.
All advice appreciated! Thanks, Gus.

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
After soaking it in the RODI leave it out to completely dry. Like bone dry. Once it's dry then the chlorine/bleach should have completely evaporated.

If you're not in a hurry. I would cure it in a tub with heater and circulating pump until you're ready to setup your tank. You can also seed it with a few pieces of mature LR and or a bottle of bacteria. A month or 2 would is ideal.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

dontavo27

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
My Tank Build
Great, thanks for the advice [MENTION=5085]newtothis[/MENTION] I currently have it in a bin with chlorine and water.
Once I rinse it in RO/DI, Ill certainly cure and keep a skimmer, heater and seed it with a piece of live rock from my other tank.
I guess Im just eager to place it in the display once Ive gone through the rinse and drying process.

Latest posts