triton icp results, with ocean potion salt mix and after dosing additives

just sharing...

for our new tank, we used an amazon ro/di unit, ocean potion sps mix from seaside aquatics, for our new setup 5 months ago.

we're running the triton method, and have been dosing their core7 (parts 1, 2, 3 and 4). in addition, we've been dosing various periodic table element additives since our 1st icp water test. for these periodic elements, we've used a combo of triton-branded additives as well as ati, brightwell, and seachem. we try to stay away from triton-branded additives, they're usually more expensive and less potent.

just sharing our the 2nd icp test results, yay!

How are you liking Ocean Potions SPS mix? What is your ALK at after a fresh mix? I also have been using this salt and I am content with it and the price :)

[MENTION=5150]F-Dawg[/MENTION], i havent tested alk at mixing, running triton so hell no to water changes. i did do a test after 1 week, alk was 9.7, if i remember correctly.

dunno how i like it, 1st tank so no idea if its working good or not. think im having issues with it being too clean.

i do know that it took $350 bucks in periodic table element additives, to get the chemistry (of 630 gals system total) into the green zones after icp testing. so i guess ocean potion could be better... but im sure that's true for prolly any salt mix.

Good luck on the Triton method, I have seen many successful tank taking that approach but its to rich for my blood. Ill stick to my old school ways :a04:

Latest posts