Sell me on the ideal sk8mmer with the lowest profile

I need a skimmer with a low profile, rated for about 150 gallons on its medium capacity of rating.

It needs to max itself out at 20" of operating height and be able to break down in disassembly for maintenance without getting larger that 21" tall.

The stand i am putting the sump in is very, very short, and i am trying to get as short a profile as possible in this build.

I would love to go with a aqua c remora pro s, but i would have to put out on back of the tank, because that model is so tall.

Suggestions of all kinds are appreciated.

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
I think the Tunze 9410 may be your only option. Skimmers that can effectively work for a 150 gallon tank that is under 21" tall will be very tough to find.

The working height of the sca 302 is actually only 18"

The thing has given me headaches since i first installed it, however, so while I'll get it running again and keep it as a backup, i have no interest in choosing SCA again, for skimming.

With that disclaimed, the 9410 looks amazing. Smaller in almost ever aspect against the sca 302. Way out of my budget right now, but if i can get this **** 302 back up and running even if only for 3 months, the 9410 would be a fantastic alternative, blowing out all possible hurdle i might have in the foreseeable future.

Amazing recommendatiom. A++.

I would put this under a "best" category, option.

I would love some "good" and "better" recommendations to hmm and haw about.

Aquamaxx Q2, a bit loud but great performance. Heavy load 130g so Im sure it can handle 150g medium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts