Plumbing advice!

I want to start a seahorse tank. To avoid buying new equipment N setting up a tank I thought Id use a 10g breeder n I would just buy a HOB overflow and connect it to my main reefs drain. As a return Ill use my bio pellets reactor or use the extra nipple. I was at HD n played with pvc. Which would work better to use in my filter sock?

A.

B .

Shoot f

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take it the left one is the seahorse tank? If so, would make for a more direct and less plumbing parts needed way of doing it. The fastest way between two points is a straight line.

I take it the left one is the seahorse tank? If so, would make for a more direct and less plumbing parts needed way of doing it. The fastest way between two points is a straight line.
I meant my other left. Which in this case would be the right.

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Agree with [MENTION=2634]Bouncingsoul393[/MENTION] neither makes any difference performance wise. Pick the set up that best suits your ease of installation.

Do yourself and the seahorses a favor and research a propper seahorses system instead of just trying to piggyback something onto your existing aquarium.

If your going to feed the seahorse tank with the out put of the BP reactor you will be pumping a lot of bacteria, that can deplete oxygen, into that tank. When I was running bio pellets I was feeding my BP reactor effluent straight into my skimmer. Seahorses tend to live longer in colder water (70-74 degrees). Talk to people who have kept them successfully long term.

Latest posts