Giving up

mmuro

How many lbs of rock did you use? I would cure some more in a bucket with a powerhead and some water that you have from a water change.

deefish714

Put about 50 lbs. Really want yo keep display how it is. Might add some spiroax in the sump if you think that might help. Or I can get bigger reactor and add the remaining matrix I have. To be honestly leaving it alone has made a good change. And the new filters are helping I believe.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Just hang loose Donnie. Let things ride for a week or so. Constant fiddling won't let things settle down and iron out. I'm not far from you. 3 miles? You want to come see an ugly tank and make yourself feel better?

I litterally haven't looked at my tank since Sunday. Had roof done, looks great by the way, and today they'll come remove plastic from garage where my tank is. I hope there's still water in my ATO because I didn't fill it before they started. I should have turned lights off to help with evap. and maybe eliminate the Cyano I was/am battling. A good four days without light would have to had made it deminish. So who knows what I'll be seeing today. I know fish are still alive because I see some movement.

deefish714

I hear yah brotha. Haven't touched In a week or so. Believe it or not that sand is clearing up some of the algae regardless if it was dinos are diatoms they are almost gone. Not seeing anymore bleaching. So we are in good shape. Kind of hard to pinpoint if it was the rodi water that I added the chlomines filter or it was just letting it settle or maybe it was a bit of both. Now the only thing I was planning to do was dose poly extension and feed reef roof what do you think?

Not sure about poly extension. But I would be careful on reef roids. Man that stuffs potent. I add it to my tank and I do see stuff floating around but not much so I add more bam next few days algae. So now I only do a tiny bit once a week. And it seems to be okay. Just experiment. Your setup is capable of better filtration than my aio. Just gotta know what your tank is capable of and learn from there

deefish714

How do you feel about adding siropax or more matrix. I want sps to grow huge on my rocks so I don't want to add more rocks. Thinking it would be beneficial to add either some siropax or more matrix.

Your lights are on way too long and you need to raise your nitrate and phosphate. If youre going to keep your nutrients at zero youll have to dose amino acids or add a lot more fish. Sea chem fuel or kz pohls special xtra is what Id recommend.
Fish poop=happy coral

robert_ellis

Premium Member
Supporter
Your other concern may be the rock height. I know you want to keep the rock where it is but it is pretty far down and the lights may not be powerful enough to grow the sps that low.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

True what Robert said. U have to experiment why your acros were bleaching. Was it stress from too much light, parameters ect

deefish714

Yeah I'm currently looking for par meter don't want to purchase one but borrow. Maybe I pick up a frag rack and see what's up. That lights are 10 inches above a 25 inch high tank. With the first corals about 12 inches from sand. A 8 bulb 48inch t5 bulbs at 100 percent I have a hard time believing the acros are to low. Seeing that they were hung much higher where I purchased them from but I could be wrong.

Someone should chime in. I saw a few guys say they had one. Sorry dont want to mention their name so they dont feel obligated but for sure someone should and would let u borrow locally

I usually base my par on an easy acro thats cheap and I know I can find a replacement if it dies. And I know what i have gotten out of it color and growthwise. Slower process but it has worked for me. Or just start at bottom and slowly move up higher. I dont glue my acros directly to rockwork. But on Tonga that I cut up about 2-3 inches long and I glue all over and move it around like chess pieces accordingly

deefish714

I usually base my par on an easy acro thats cheap and I know I can find a replacement if it dies. And I know what i have gotten out of it color and growthwise. Slower process but it has worked for me. Or just start at bottom and slowly move up higher. I dont glue my acros directly to rockwork. But on Tonga that I cut up about 2-3 inches long and I glue all over and move it around like chess pieces accordingly
There's a few acros that are not bleaching I have but there is no polpy extension. My alk dropped so I dosed. I'm seeing it eatting about 5mls a day so I'm happy to report they are finaly consuming again. Going to dose 1ml a day 5 times and see if it gets steady. I'm using esv 2 part. So ill be hookimg uo the brs doser again. So I hope the stability helps. Tonight I'm gonna do a bit of feeding some. Pop in polyp extension and a bit of reef roids with some mysis see how's the react.

Okay this may sound noob status but when u reply how do u reply with my with my original post. At first I thought it was reply with quote but it doesnt show responding to .... but instead goes to the bottom as new post of the thread.

Okay this may sound noob status but when u reply how do u reply with my with my original post. At first I thought it was reply with quote but it doesnt show responding to .... but instead goes to the bottom as new post of the thread.
Testing

Oh nevermind hahahah figures it out omgggg after years it was sooo easy lol disregard. Oh btw I texted u last Friday that I was back so u can pick up the chemiclean but u never responded. I still have it if u still want it to try and keep

deefish714

Ahh thank buddy bit I'm gonna let it settle on its own. I have lights about 8-9 off water level. Think it's to high? I can drop a few inches but I just don't see the corals being upset about not enough light it's a 48 inch 8 bulb fixture at 100 percent 10 hours a day. I guess I can't truly find out till I see the meter.

Id say dont mess with SPS until youve got everything figured out. A PAR meter would be good to see where you could place SPS if you really wanted to try out maybe something easier like Montipora. Also dont run your lights for too long.

Its difficult but patience is the key in this hobby and to many things in life. Give it some time and it will pick up sooner than you expected. PM me if you ever have any questions as well. I dont know it all but I try to dedicate my free time to research and learning just like many others here.

That tank can certainly be something amazing if you keep trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear yah been taking it real slow and patient. I've been looking for a meter with no success might have to bite the bullet on this one. I know it will help out a few fellow hobbiest around the orange county area and maybe even allow me to meet some of them and talk tank talk. But I will have to wait a bit.

What would you say to long is. I currently run all bulbs 100 percent from 14:00 to 24:00

Latest posts