T5 Lighting Issue

mizzywar

Hello All,

So I'm having issues with my T5 lighting on my RSM250.
Everything was fine and all of a sudden 3 of the back lights will not turn on.
Decided to change out the bulbs and still no luck.
Now 1 more bulb is also out so now 4 bulbs will not turn on.
Any suggestion or any electrician on here willing to help me get this repaired?

I dont know about that fixture specifically, but would guess it is either an electrical connection or a bad ballast.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
I just youtubed a video of the tank. It looks like 8 bulbs, and judging by the way it folds in half to access the tank its probably got one 4-lamp ballast in each side. Have you tried to contact RSM about replacement parts? They can probably give you directions or a schematic. I can help you physically do the work on a weekend sometime.

mizzywar

There is a total of 6 bulbs and believe there is 2 ballasts contacted to 3each of the bulbs.
I was able to get the schematic layout of the setup online but I have no clue on how to go about replacing the ballast.
Also if 2 of the 3 lights still come on on one side, would this still be an issue with the ballast?

Sent an email to RSM but waiting to hear back on what they suggest.

Capture.jpg

Without looking for a better picture. If my eyes don't decieve me, I see three ballasts and wiring to two bulbs from each of the three. LED ballast or controller would not be as big as T5 ballasts for just moonlights.

mizzywar

After looking at it again, your absolutely correct. I guess thats why only 2 of my lights are on which is contacted to the same ballast. Still have not received a reply from RSM so hopefully they can get back to me asap.

Latest posts