Ich

Ted

I used the kick-ich as the directions said and it worked for me, I lost a few fish but most survived. the only draw back is that you have to turn off your skimmer and take out the carbon for 2 weeks. but I noticed a big difference after 48 hours with the fish. they were all recovering and eating. i also now put garlic in every feeding to help.

JohnsReefIn714

Premium Member
Supporter
I used the kick-ich as the directions said and it worked for me, I lost a few fish but most survived. the only draw back is that you have to turn off your skimmer and take out the carbon for 2 weeks. but I noticed a big difference after 48 hours with the fish. they were all recovering and eating. i also now put garlic in every feeding to help.
That’s great to hear Ted! Just monitor the fish if they are swimming weird trying to brush up against stuff as if they are trying to get something off their bodies. Not sure if you did or need to do a water change but when I did mine I did a drip like acclamation instead of taking a big amount of water out and replacing it with a large amount of water in one shot. You don’t want to stress the fish out again. Just my opinion and what I did that helped me get through it. Out of the eight fish I lost 1 due to jumping out. Hang in there things will only get better for you and the fishes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ted

i waited 3 weeks (1 week after the last treatment) and then did a 10 gallon water change. (125) gallon tank. then just went back to my normal routine. i didn't add any live stock for 6 weeks. then i just got a few cheap fish to test, and then waited a few more weeks then slowly started building back up the live stock.

djam

One to add to this after fighting ich two times, one not successful, the second very successful. Garlic and feed as everyone said, but the one thing I learned on the second try is to have insanely good water quality. The second time, I had pretty good water (but not great), then I did a 10g-20g change 1 to 2x per day for two weeks. (my tank is 420 gallons total). I did constant small water changes and everything was zero across the board. it's about 5-8% per day. It's a pain, but damn it was better. I also used Kick it and something called Metro+

Latest posts