Need help identifying my sump

I know it's a long shot but I thought I'd at least try. I bought my sump used when I bought my 220 gallon tank. The previous owner had no info on it and said she also bought it used. I would like to know the maker just because I have some questions about it. Its obviously a professional built sump. And it's very well made. It measures 4 feet long by 20 inches deep and 20 inches tall. Has a built in refuge. And a large area for a skimmer... the acrylic is rather thick and it has a bulk head connector in the return chamber for an external pump.

On of my questions is there is a chamber next to where my socks hang. However there's no channels for the water to flow out of the chamber. Just seems kinda weird (I posted pictures of it) but I also noticed in that same chamber there are 2 blocks of acrylic attached to either side. As if they're supposed to support some type of tray for carbon or something. Anyway, all the help is appreciated. 20180408_213015.jpg 20180408_213006.jpg 20180408_211042.jpg 20180408_211036.jpg 20180408_211028.jpg

The area next to your sock holders is your drain chamber. Middle section that has the hose coming out of it is your pump fed "refugium" chamber. Middle section is your skimmer section then everything goes to your "return" section

The area next to your sock holders is your drain chamber. Middle section that has the hose coming out of it is your pump fed "refugium" chamber. Middle section is your skimmer section then everything goes to your "return" section
Oh ok. I guess i just figured my drain pipes would go directly into my socks

I was thinking it might of been homemade... but it's just built really well... all corners are rounded off... it just looks too good for home made.

Just to let you know that middle section in not for a Refugium, its for a skimmer only. Because the two middle baffles dont go all the way down.
Yeah I know. But behind that middle skimmer section is a longer box for a refuge. It's only fed by a pump from the skimmer box and then returns to the return pump

Hope link works. Follow the link to RC the guy Ted c says he built it himself.
http://www.fishtanksdirect.com/images/products/detail/48x21x20ProRefugium300RightSide.JPG
Nice looking sump... I think I've determined it's an advanced acrylics sump. Nick shades came by last night and was looking at it and thought the same. The thing he was saying that sets it off is the corners of the box are all rounded off... guess that's a trade mark of advanced acrylics. But thanks for your help!

I'm with Goober. Overflow falls into far left chamber, overflows in socks, then through baffles to skimmer section. That hose is for a pump to the refugium in the rear which then returns to the return section through the holes. Water from the skimmer area uses the other set of baffles to return.

The one I posted, the refugium and socks are fed directly from overflow, some reason they used plumbing to return water from fuge to skimmer section just before return.

Or is this whole conversation just about who made it?

I'm with Goober. Overflow falls into far left chamber, overflows in socks, then through baffles to skimmer section. That hose is for a pump to the refugium in the rear which then returns to the return section through the holes. Water from the skimmer area uses the other set of baffles to return.

The one I posted, the refugium and socks are fed directly from overflow, some reason they used plumbing to return water from fuge to skimmer section just before return.

Or is this whole conversation just about who made it?
Well I understand the water flow for it... it was mostly on who made it. But I also was just unsure what the section on the far side was for... so both got answered. Thanks!

Latest posts