New to West LA

Booth211

I recently moved to West LA from San Diego for a new job. When I moved, I had to sell my established 90 gallon and all of my livestock because the new place wouldn't fit a tank system that large. Kind of sad, but, it's exciting too because I get to start up a brand new system.

Since I'm going to have to do a smaller setup, I was thinking about doing an Innovative Marine 10 gallon Nuvo Fusion. Any thoughts?

Also, anybody know of some good coral shops in the West LA area? In San Diego, Pet Kingdom and Aqua SD were my "go-to's".

Thanks!

For stores, Allan's Aquarium & Pet Center near Pico Blvd/Bundy Dr is a pretty decent store. There's also Nature Aquarium but only if you're looking for tanks; their SW selection is not so great. There's also The Aquarium in Culver City but I haven't been there for a long time but last time I was there, I remember that store was pretty good.

If you can make the drive, Ellis Aquatics in Compton is awesome.

And if you can make an even farther drive, Vivid Aquarium, Unique Corals, California Aquarium, Age of Aquariums, Reef Lounge USA, Two Guys Corals, Amazing Aquariums & Reefs, and Cali Kid Corals.

+1 for Ellis Aquatics! Lowest prices around and always have great deals and sales. Cant be beat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dontavo27

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
My Tank Build
I really like the look of fusion tanks, but it really depends on how you plan to stock the tank, and the amount of time youre willing to put into keeping up with the demand of the smaller system. Also, the space in the AIO seems very limited, specially the filtration part.
If your planing to stay in the nano range, maybe find something that has an over flow with a sump, so you can keep any reactors,
And raise your options on a good skimmer, while at the same time keeping a clean look in and around your Display. Theres a lot of good LFS within range, but you also have a lot of Great SCR memebers near you that will give you some amazing deals on livestock and maybe equipment.

I recently moved to West LA from San Diego for a new job. When I moved, I had to sell my established 90 gallon and all of my livestock because the new place wouldn't fit a tank system that large. Kind of sad, but, it's exciting too because I get to start up a brand new system.

Since I'm going to have to do a smaller setup, I was thinking about doing an Innovative Marine 10 gallon Nuvo Fusion. Any thoughts?

Also, anybody know of some good coral shops in the West LA area? In San Diego, Pet Kingdom and Aqua SD were my "go-to's".

Thanks!
For west L.A., there's LAX Aquarium. In the valley, Aquarium City and Vivid Aquariums are good. Regarding your question about setting up a Innovative Marine 10 gallon. They look nice, but IMO they are very overpriced. I'm not a big fan of AIOs because they really limit what equipment you can use. Petco has a dollar per gallon sale going now, you could do a 20 tall for $20 and have all that extra money for fish and corals.

You could even make your own aio compartment in that 20 if you wanted

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SantaMonica

Premium Member
Supporter
Late welcome. You probably have it figured out by now. If not, some tips are: Get corals from local guys; special order from Nature Aquarium on SM Blvd; and make the special trip to the real coral place in the valley, oc, ie

reefsUP

Thanks!
Welcome I’m in Santa Monica if you ever need a hand.

Latest posts