Considering a nudibranch tank

I've never had one, but i love two particular nudibranchs. The black velvet and the spanish shawl.

The black velvet lives on flat worms which could be difficult to culture, but i think i have a means to do so, but the Spanish shawl (flabellinopsis iodinea) lives on athecate hydroid polyps, which are a tiny cnidaria which i am unsure of how to culture.

Has anyone ever kept spanish shawls? And if so, how did you culture the cnidaria?

Right?

I've had black/blue velvets before, despite the number of salesperson who told me they would eventually nuke my tank.

They got rid of the flatworms, and then they finally just vanished, nothing bad happened to the tank.

Despite this, as beautiful as these nudibranchs are, i'd like to just keep them in a pretty tank of their own with sea grasses.

A lot of people claim bad mojo with certain inhabitants. Cucumbers are another one. I've found them wither and rotting covered in hermits and shrimp with no ill affects in my tanks. Seems all the cool stuff is the difficult stuff to keep. Like crawfish and crabs, eventually you'll have just one.

Latest posts