Bad experience with Jackbliss - Selling bad equipment

I contacted jack to purchase two Jabao Sw15 pumps. He stated on his post they were only 5months old. I asked if they were any issues and he responded saying no issues. I took his word for it and drove 71miles to riverside to pick them up. I picked these up this past Friday night 04/13/18 and he plugged them in for a few seconds which I seen them spin and I assumed they worked.

I finally hooked them up this Monday evening 04/16/18 and they seem to work fine. The following day one of them was acting up and I unplugged it for a few minutes and plugged it in again and its seemed to work. Today 04/18/18 I come home from work and both of them are not responding at all. I have tried to unplug them multiple times and they are not working at all.

I reach out to jack and address the situation and I sent him a video and he replied they were working fine I asked if I can return them and he has not responded. I am assuming this is going to be a bad experience and deal. I honestly feel he was aware these were faulty and started acting up on him and decided to sell them.

Hustler got hustled..

But chalk this up as a risk for buying used equipments. You did walk away with the items tested to be in working conditions.

JohnsReefIn714

Premium Member
Supporter
Distilled White Vinegar and Water is your friend. Always clean power heads and pumps unless new in the box never assume.

Thx for all the feedback. He already told me they have been dipped and cleaned in vinegar. I will try and re dip them again but I think these are toast.

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
i think most of those pumps tend to fail at the controller. They use cheap thin wire. New controller can possible fix the issue.

lvghost

i think most of those pumps tend to fail at the controller. They use cheap thin wire. New controller can possible fix the issue.
That is true, it can also be caused by a failed powerpack. In this situation, I thought the pump was either doomed or the controller failed.

The Jebao pumps' ac adapters are known to spark when you connect the adapter to the outlet. Every time you plug the AC adapter on is a chance you kill them. This case I don't think it was from the spark because it was running over night then stopped. I was your luck more like it. How ever since it is pretty new, you can have Amazon replace it :)

russ13

Premium Member
Supporter
Wow. This is an old post. But I will add to it.
Jaboa products don’t have a very long life span anyways. They’re pretty cheap probably better to just get no ones.

i'll add too... LMFAO...

never buy used jebao products... once you take them out of the tank, and let them dry up, i noticed they all take a huge shit... LMFAO... they're so cheap, might as well buy a new one...

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
i'll add too... LMFAO...

never buy used jebao products... once you take them out of the tank, and let them dry up, i noticed they all take a huge shit... LMFAO... they're so cheap, might as well buy a new one...
Are u buying one for your new tank ???

five.five-six

2020 Philanthropist
i'll add too... LMFAO...

never buy Jebao products...
FTFY

That said I do run a modified Jebao pump on my skimmer. I have expected it could break at any moment from the day I installed it. I also had a Jebao UV that the inside plastic decintigrated and wiped out 1/2 of the coral in my tank before I figured it out.

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
FTFY

That said I do run a modified Jebao pump on my skimmer. I have expected it could break at any moment from the day I installed it. I also had a Jebao UV that the inside plastic decintigrated and wiped out 1/2 of the coral in my tank before I figured it out.
What do you mean by modified?

Are u buying one for your new tank ???
thinking about it... but since i'm going artistic minimalist style of setup, i might not do the thing well, lets see if my tank has any dead spots... but i'm only going to have 2 small rocks in the 93g cube, and like, a fish... i think my return pump should be more than enough for circulation...

FTFY

wow, you must really love jebao...

Latest posts