My Mandarin gobies are mating!

Well, they are trying to, anyway.

[video=youtube;4fv_5qK4oHg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fv_5qK4oHg[/video]

Last night after i had already gone to bed, i got up to get something to drink from the kitchen, when my wife was just staring at the tank.

"i think they're mating."

Sure enough, they were doing the dance. Trying to, anyway.

I watched them for a good 5 minutes before i had to go back to sleep.

I need to get some rotifers.

I have had a total of 4 mamdarins. The first two i got way too early. The third was the female, and i got her after i seeded for close to a year. And i had her for a year before she swole up and then got the male about a month ago.

I haven't seeded the tank again since i did about a year ago, but i plan on reseeding it again soon.

You have other fish in that tank. The eggs or if they have live young will be eaten quick.
In my last real tank my Clowns bred about once a month. Almost never had to feed because once the eggs hatched the other fish went into a frenzy. Kind of a trip when I'd look at my sump with a flashlight there'd be little eyes looking back at me.

I'll turkey baste the eggs to the refugium if i manage to catch them actually fork, but i only got her the boy toy so that she wouldn't be so swole.

If i can make a breeding tank for them this weekend, i might plumb it to the tank and get them in there, but I'm not going to go far out of my way.

You state you don't want to go out of your way. But if you did. Maybe hook up with someone breeding clowns and see if they'd house them and rear the young since they're already set up for it. Just an idea. Raising anything is a chore.

You state you don't want to go out of your way. But if you did. Maybe hook up with someone breeding clowns and see if they'd house them and rear the young since they're already set up for it. Just an idea. Raising anything is a chore.
That's a good idea. I'm going to possibly setup a love shack for them and test it with my problem damsel, and if it works i will transfer them over.