Rodi selection

I have never had or set up a r o d i unit for my tank let alone my home. The first thing I realized from talking to fellow reefers is to check my TDS total dissolved solids. Mine is 520. Bulk Reef Supply and Marine Depot suggested getting a 5 or 6 stage unit with two cartridges of deionization. Also check with my local water district to see if they add chloramines or if they periodically flush with them and if so add a cartridge to the system dedicated for chloramine I'm looking at the spectrapure max cap. Sound like a good plan any other suggestions you fell a reefers Down South have would be appreciated
Thank you Joey

46 views but no replies huh? I've never done this before was just hoping someone could give me some feedback if I'm going in the right direction Maxi Pier 6 stage with chloramine Buster and two cartridges of d i because I have now looks like close to 600 TDS thank you!

I bought a refurbished spectrapure 90 gpd when starting as it was the cheapest. A few years later i added a another pre-cartridge. My tds is 300-400 tho. Brs has chloromine carbon filters if youre worried about it. I run one sediment, two chloromine and one resin and it works for me. You can always add a second resin cartridge down the line if you feel like youre burning through it. I would recommend getting one of the water savers if youre worried about using too much water.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not sure yet of my water pressure. I'm probably going to end up getting a booster pump I only plan on making 30 to 40 gallons every week and a half and then using it for my auto top off. I don't pay for the water where I live so I'm not too concerned about waste water although I don't want to be a jerk to my landlord I don't plan on making a lot of water though

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
Your incoming tds just means your filters will be used up quicker. The mpre stages, the longer they will last. Booster pump is generally a good idea. Something around a 100gpd unit will let you make your water overnight once a week. Using the unit to make bigger batches also js recommended/extends the life of the filters

I got a 4 Stage BRS RO/DI Unit and it works great. Real cheap on Black Friday and will probably upgrade to a 6 Stage add on when necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk