AIO media caddys

My plan is to make 2 media caddys to fit inside the area behind the dual overflows. I'm using 1/4" black acrylic and black egg crate. I got the acrylic yesterday and got them cut to size on the tile table saw. They will be U shaped with the front open to easily remove whatever media is used. There will be 3 sections separated by the egg crate. I'm thinking top will be mechanical filtration with filter sponge, activated filter pad and then fine filter pad. The middle stage will be biological filtration with one side using bioballs and the other ceramic rings. Bottom section will be chem filtration with activated charcoal or phosphate removal chems in media bags. I'll get pictures once the caddys are finished (waiting on acrylic glue to come in next week).

Additional bio filtration will be achieve with the fuge section (4"x5"). I'll have live sand, a few Marinepure bio cubes, and chaeto.

I planned on making my own too. Until I ordered glass hole saw bits. Anyway, for what they are, little pieces of essentially scrap plastic glued together, they sure are expensive. Your design sounds good and will most likely work just fine.

Got them all glued last night. Wasn't sure if the acrylic glue was going to work with the egg crate but it's holding up great.

Empty

With media

Fits like a glove

Latest posts