Maui trip 2018

Just got here yesterday, and spent the morning catching and looking at all the fish, corals and inverts.
Unknown zoas

Nuclear green palys

Zoas in low tide

Cowrie

Snowflake eel baby

Baby whitespot cucumber

Unknown sps (anyone know id?)

Baby convict tang

This is just day one, ill keep everyone updated when i go for a dive in a few days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got here yesterday, and spent the morning catching and looking at all the fish, corals and inverts.
Unknown zoas

Nuclear green palys

Zoas in low tide

Cowrie

Snowflake eel baby

Baby whitespot cucumber

Unknown sps (anyone know id?)

Baby convict tang

This is just day one, ill keep everyone updated when i go for a dive in a few days

Love Maui, we go every year we have family out here that lives in la Lahaina, enjoy the trip

One or two isn't enough? Over harvesting is part of the problem with depletion of the environment. NRA members get blamed for killing everything or anything they see. When in reality it's poachers that ruin it. Legal and conscentious hunters or collectors want there to always be enough to continue the availability of animals in the environment to support the sport or hobby.
No Chameleons on Hawaiian Islands. You mean Anoles? Take all you want. Invasive species like Cane Toads, Weasles, African snails, and others. Sadly Tilapia are taking over the islands because people raisng them are dumping them everywhere. Also able to live in brackish/saltwater and will eat any fish they can fit in their mouthes ruining any habitat and eco-system they are placed in. Beautiful Koi ponds are now ugly Tilapia filled ponds there.

One or two isn't enough? Over harvesting is part of the problem with depletion of the environment. NRA members get blamed for killing everything or anything they see. When in reality it's poachers that ruin it. Legal and conscentious hunters or collectors want there to always be enough to continue the availability of animals in the environment to support the sport or hobby.
No Chameleons on Hawaiian Islands. You mean Anoles? Take all you want. Invasive species like Cane Toads, Weasles, African snails, and others. Sadly Tilapia are taking over the islands because people raisng them are dumping them everywhere. Also able to live in brackish/saltwater and will eat any fish they can fit in their mouthes ruining any habitat and eco-system they are placed in. Beautiful Koi ponds are now ugly Tilapia filled ponds there.
There are lots of Jackson Chameleons in the wild in Hawaii. Not native. But I agree, just take what you are going to use and enjoy.

Theres actually a ton of jacksons chameleons haha. And day geckos, mourning geckos, skinks, and other reptiles. All invasive. And taking a couple baby fish will barely harm the ecosystem, compared to the spear fishers that aim for the big adult breeders. Most babies wont make it to adulthood anyway.

Found these cool rubber zoanthids, theyre super dense and grow like a mat over the rocks. Not the prettiest coral though

These snake polyps are also pretty uncommon in the hobby

Visibility was low today (rained last night) but saw a couple cool stuff. The huuge colony of dragons breath algae was definitely a show stopper. Also saw a little cleaner wrasse which i never see at this depth.

Mordoff

Wow, this is so cool. I hope one day I'm able to take a similar trip. Keep the pictures coming!

These snake polyps are incredibly bright even in natural sunlight

Brown brittle stars

Pink zoas with sky blue centers

Some sort of monti

Pillow cushion sea star

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Wow what part of Maui? I dont remember seeing all these colorful corals when I was there last. How does shipping these livestock work? Any paperwork you have to file etc?