Who uses Ozone?

You won't get cancer signs after your first cigarette, and some might go their whole life without them. But i guarantee you that if you are having any coming out of the tank and breathing it, it is definitely taking its toll on you.

Ozone is something i have been aware of in its use in home and surface remediation, and we do not inhabit places that it is being used.

As stated before, this is a disclaimer.

You won't get cancer signs after your first cigarette, and some might go their whole life without them. But i guarantee you that if you are having any coming out of the tank and breathing it, it is cohesiveness taking its toll on you.

Ozone is something i have been aware of in its use in home and surface remediation, and we do not inhabit places that it is being writhed.

I here you, but people have ozone on their tanks all over the world with no issues, but i understand what your saying is why possibly harm your family. this is why im asking to see who runs it and ask them questions

I have run Ozone 24/7 on my system since startup. I run a reactor and carbon on exported water and air. I have a fish room in garage, so was not to worried about health issues. I change Carbon every 6 months and the water looks like the fish are floating in air. I think if implemented correctly can be a benefit, as seen in most public aquariums. With that said Carbon does almost the same thing the difference is the Ozone is static and keeps everything more stable. Carbon if you looked at on a graph would spike when you first put in and then drop off until it is changed. Ozone once dialed in is constant.

It does add a bunch of equipment and expense, I change Ozone generators every couple years and have invested in a auto air dryer.

Here is a drawing of what I have.

http://www.marinetechnical.com/page9.html

My Ozitech Black Ozone generator is dialed into setting 6 and my ORP stays pretty constant below the rev limiter close to 400.

I bought the reactor from MTC most everything else I have from BRS.

I once had a line on generator plastic break off and my fish room smelled like Triton had been throwing down some bolts, but I am still alive and it aired out quickly.

My 90 quarantine has much cleaner parameters than my 400, but I do run a very heavy fish load and my SPS seems very happy at the moment.

Yes SPS is sometimes tricky and it is a love hate relationship. Today I am loving!

Thanks, maybe i shouldnt use it on my system, you mentioned your Ozone is in another room and mine would be in my living room, you also mentioned a broken hose of some sort that would be devastating where my tank is. and that diagram is confusing and doesnt show an air dryer or carbon filters. Maybe Ill use on occasion, still contemplating

Ive used O3 for over a decade as well. Its not that risky, it has a short half life and doesnt travel far. Its used in home water purification systems. In the long run not nearly as dangerous as UV, or all those high wattage/high amp electronics near the water, with the risk of electrocution or fire.

But it is one of those setups that requires NO SHORTCUTS to do well. I had an underpower ozonizer, run through a reactor, pumping in water and dried oxygen from an oxygen tank, that dumped into a remote fuge before returning to the DT. I also did it all in the garage. It was controlled by an apex ORP probe and I had another ORP probe in the DT. I never smelled ozone. The benefits of O3 go beyond clear water.

Ive used O3 for over a decade as well. Its not that risky, it has a short half life and doesnt travel far. Its used in home water purification systems. In the long run not nearly as dangerous as UV, or all those high wattage/high amp electronics near the water, with the risk of electrocution or fire.

But it is one of those setups that requires NO SHORTCUTS to do well. I had an underpower ozonizer, run through a reactor, pumping in water and dried oxygen from an oxygen tank, that dumped into a remote fuge before returning to the DT. I also did it all in the garage. It was controlled by an apex ORP probe and I had another ORP probe in the DT. I never smelled ozone. The benefits of O3 go beyond clear water.
Can you school me on other benefits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

One last tip- ozone lasts nano seconds in water so try to have the ozone generator tubing as short as possible and enter the middle of the reactor so there are a lot of water molecules above to react with O3. O3 free radical reactions terminate well in water. Other guys I saw had the ozone reactor effluent dump into a carbon reactor, or a filter sock in the sump. Doing this kept still kept the ORP abover 400 but didnt hurt livestock woth OH radicals.

In my garage the ozonizer was clearly visible from my car, so I could eyeball the connections twice per day. I also had a fan blowing across the generator toward a vent just in case; my garage fish room was well ventilated too.

One last tip- ozone lasts nano seconds in water so try to have the ozone generator tubing as short as possible and enter the middle of the reactor so there are a lot of water molecules above to react with O3. O3 free radical reactions terminate well in water. Other guys I saw had the ozone reactor effluent dump into a carbon reactor, or a filter sock in the sump. Doing this kept still kept the ORP abover 400 but didnt hurt livestock woth OH radicals.

In my garage the ozonizer was clearly visible from my car, so I could eyeball the connections twice per day. I also had a fan blowing across the generator toward a vent just in case; my garage fish room was well ventilated too.
Thanks for all the info Ray

five.five-six

2020 Philanthropist
You won't get cancer signs after your first cigarette, and some might go their whole life without them. But i guarantee you that if you are having any coming out of the tank and breathing it, it is definitely taking its toll on you.

Ozone is something i have been aware of in its use in home and surface remediation, and we do not inhabit places that it is being used.

When used for surface remediation they are using in the range of 1,000 mg/hr units We are using in the range of 50 mg/hr units and it's being diffused through water before it gets out.

Surface remediation is an industry term for fixing environmental damage to exposed surfaces, bringing them to original intent.

In the case of ozone, it can be used to repair odor issues from urine to smoke, even to some mold and other inhalants.

The amount of ozone generated by an industrial ozonator is close to 200x that of an aquarium, but even with such great concentration , the surface still requires significant preparation as well as agitation before, during and after ozonation.

I use it 24/7 on my 300 in my living room. As others have said the small amounts we us are quickly dissipated, especially in water. It is feed directly into my skimmer via a T feeding. I do not have carbon on my skimmer output. It my be why I do not smell my skimmate until I clean the cup.

I have run ozone on my 235 with no issues. I use a ultra life 360 generator. I put carbon at my skimmer output with zero problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jessesoto33

Supporter
Surface remediation is an industry term for fixing environmental damage to exposed surfaces, bringing them to original intent.

In the case of ozone, it can be used to repair odor issues from urine to smoke, even to some mold and other inhalants.

The amount of ozone generated by an industrial ozonator is close to 200x that of an aquarium, but even with such great concentration , the surface still requires significant preparation as well as agitation before, during and after ozonation.
I use it 24/7 on my 300 in my living room. As others have said the small amounts we us are quickly dissipated, especially in water. It is feed directly into my skimmer via a T feeding. I do not have carbon on my skimmer output. It my be why I do not smell my skimmate until I clean the cup.
I have run ozone on my 235 with no issues. I use a ultra life 360 generator. I put carbon at my skimmer output with zero problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks guys I think im gonna pull the plug and jump into it

Latest posts