What do you guys run in your nano?

I have a JBJ 45 rimless which doesn't have a sump so I just have a media contain on each side with 3 chambers each. have a sponge on the top one of both chambers, I run one carbon in the middle and ceramic in the bottom of one and the other side I run gfo in the middle and have the bottom empty. What should I put in the empty compartment.

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Toss in some more ceramic. Biological filtration goes a long way and it's good to have seeded media just in case you need to set up a quarantine tank

I recommend siporax, especially for nanos, over ceramic.

I also like running purigen or chemipure,as well as a decent magnetic fuge light and some ulva for your pods.

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
What are you keeping in your nano? I currently have a low tech nano and just running carbon and things are doing great. I have some nice algae in the display. I do have a low fish load and do weekly water changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as far as fish goes I only have a snowflake clown, blue tank, shrimp & goby pair, purple firefish, and a green mandarin. as for corals I have a little bit of everything from softies to a few sps colonies. When I ran just carbon my tank actually did great, only reason I added GFO was cause my po3 went up a bit when I added the firefish and tang.

This is theoretical but I am going to run a skimmer not for skimming but to add more oxygen to the tank. I am planning to keep a dragonet in the tank with a refugium. My thought process is if I add the extra oxygen then I will allow more copepods to inhabit the tank than without due to the competition of oxygen. I know powerheads add oxygen and return pumps too. Just a thought it allows for more life in the tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts