Top Lids for your tank?

So I got a chance to get the top lids for my Reefer 170 after finding it on Facebook of all places I got excited. At first I was NOT convinced having to spend this amount of money just for a tank lid, well after some research regarding Lexan and their pros and cons, I STILL WAS NOT convinced until they came up with this FUSION VENT DESIGN. I got it ordered...

When I received the Lid, I was surprised on how thick the Lexan used. I would say 1/4 inch thick, it has options for feeding doors, cable slots (per request/extra charge), and this nice moonlight kit, (not sure how they call it). All I can say is Im blown away! Talking about fusion vents, it serves its purpose in preventing accumulation of tank evaporated water in the lid, I never had issues with shading or shadowing in my tank as well...

*Note that due to the demand, I had to wait over 7-8 weeks to get mine, but it is worth the wait.

My brother and I made a video unboxing, if you guys are interested on how it looks on my tank, watch the video.

https://youtu.be/4fNEf6tOc-8

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
Awesome video

How much IS the cost of your lid? As impressive of a build that fits into a custom product like that, it really bugs me when they have no baseline on the costs for what they offer.

Hey Nick, I would message Them to find out. As it will depend on how big the size or your tank, the cuts youll require and added mods/personalization. So message them to be sure.

I finally broke down and ordered a pair to fit my 300. I am still waiting for them at this point. I have made some out of Lexan strips before but the joints kept separating every year or two. I ordered the Fusion vented one along with a feeding port in the back and a access door for feeding in the front right. I am eager to get them.

Latest posts