Kamoer FX STP peristalic pump

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
I was looking for peristalic pump to feed my CaRx but didn't want to spend the money nor had the room for a masterflex pump. After some research I saw that CoralVue was bringing in the Kamoer FX STP pump so I thought is give it a try. I finally got it setup and so far so good

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ive been looking at this unit. Hows the noise? Are you using it to pull it push water? I wound up going with a masterflex but wouldnt mind checking this one out if the price is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
Ive been looking at this unit. Hows the noise? Are you using it to pull it push water? I wound up going with a masterflex but wouldnt mind checking this one out if the price is good.

Noise is minimal. I would consider it quiet. There's a slight hum so we'll see if it changes after the motor has been running a bit

Last edited:
Noise is minimal. I would consider it quiet. There's a slight hum so we'll see if it changes after the motor has been running a bit

If you dont mind me asking, how much was the pump.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
Talk about consistent pH

Titanwerx

Premium Member
Supporter
Any update on how this pump is working? Just watched the video BRS came out with and Im really close to pulling the trigger for my CaRX as well.

Titanwerx

Premium Member
Supporter
I don't doubt 1 bit that this pump will do what it's supposed too. Only issues with peristaltic pumps are how long they'll last
Do you mean the motor itself cuz I see they sell replacement parts for the tubing and roller? I would think it would outlast most other pumps that are sitting in water collecting gunk and calcium build up since it never touches it, especially if it was designed to run continuously as the video states.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
I've been happy with mine. It's nice to see that they do sell spare parts if ever needed. I plan to keep and extra set of roller and tubing if/when I may need them.

Do you mean the motor itself cuz I see they sell replacement parts for the tubing and roller? I would think it would outlast most other pumps that are sitting in water collecting gunk and calcium build up since it never touches it, especially if it was designed to run continuously as the video states.

Yeah the motor. All the other "spare" stuff will fail within months. That's pretty normal

Only issue I see here is using it to "push" water instead of "pulling" from the reactor.

The general rule of thumb has been to only pull with these pumps from the reactor into the sump/wherever, since the pump is strong enough that if you are pushing water into your reactor, and your effluent line gets blocked, it could burst your reactor.

That pump looks good, and for $250 it is cheaper than all but the cheapest used masterflex.

It is definitely smaller, I wonder how it compares in sound level. I have a brushless masterflex now that is super quiet, but they command a premium price...

Is it driven by a stepper motor or a geared down DC constant use motor?

The ones on the market from pacific sun and such use stepper motors which are normally not used constantly since it'll burn out (though who knows, maybe that burnout takes years, I dont have experience with them).

Titanwerx

Premium Member
Supporter
Is it driven by a stepper motor or a geared down DC constant use motor?

The ones on the market from pacific sun and such use stepper motors which are normally not used constantly since it'll burn out (though who knows, maybe that burnout takes years, I dont have experience with them).
Website says its a High Precision stepper motor

Latest posts