Digital Aquatics is officially no more

We all kinda knew this was coming but it's official. You can't even pull up their website anymore. I don't have a SID but I doubt myReef will even connect to their servers anymore either. RKL and RKE shows discontinued just about everywhere. Not sure how this will affect the used market but a working system will continue working so there's going to a drop in value but maybe not much.

yeah sucks too because they were affordable mine still running but it may die one day soon. I maybe have to go with Apex if I can afford one if not then go back to timmers haha.

I tried getting my RKL with an SL2 working that I had in storage but couldn't get temp and ph probes working so I got an Apex. May need new probes but was not willing to spend the money to buy new ones to test. Not sure if you can even get any more new ones now. I guess I can piece it out for spare parts.

As awareness for more customizable systems using methods of prototyping with arduino, pi and similar becomes more prevalent, we will find more and more options that become a regional option for the HT hobbyist, the etsy-style producer and consumer, and the LFS/service tech that sell their own "house build" of such.

For the short term, this appears bad, but with demand comes supply, and with only apex to compete with, their prices might actually go up, making the custom builds much less expensive.

I had and RK2, RKL & lots of modules.

But it was like owning a hyundai genesis. No amount of explaining would convince anyone.

Well they haven't really improve on their units so they are just as good as timer is. But nowadays you don't really need a controller considering most things have their own build in timers and controllers its just a extra addition if you got the money to buy a nice one like the apex.

Well they haven't really improve on their units so they are just as good as timer is. But nowadays you don't really need a controller considering most things have their own build in timers and controllers its just a extra addition if you got the money to buy a nice one like the apex.
These are still proven and reliable units and the forum is still active and many persons with the last updated version.

I kind of heard that it’s still usable and people might still want the system I was thinking about selling it what do you think is a fair price

r20crazy

2020 Philanthropist
i still use mine... bought it new over 10 years ago... and I have a spare.

Last edited:

Latest posts