Magnet Suggestions for Stand Skin

I want to put a temporary skin around my tank. Was thinking using some smoked acrylic sheets. Or some other type of plastic material. I have a steel stand.

Would these work if I superglued them to the acrylic? Anyone have a better suggestion?

https://www.amazon.com/Neodymium-Di...2813&sr=8-11-spons&keywords=thin+magnet&psc=1

I say this is temporary... like a year or two temporary so I want it to look somewhat decent. :)

Would a thin magnet that is countersunk with a hole be better so I can put a bolt through the acrylic and put a nut on the outside? I'm afraid the glue magnets will pull off at some point. Any bright ideas?

Thanks!

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Find magnets that are weight rated so that you can confirm if it will hold up the panels. I've bought "super strong" magnets before but weren't "super strong" enough. I'll text you a link to a site that sells magnets with weight ratings

I found good rated ones at home depot "lowes" doesn't carry them. They have a hole in the center in case you wanna put a screw into it. My wood panels are heavy but 2 magnets hold them on just fine

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
I got speacialty magnets from KP magetics online. Then Gorilla glued them on the panels, didn't have an issue for the 2 years I had it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest posts