Temperature went up to 89.6 Fahrenheit

What a big dummy! I did a water change late night and when I turned my heater back on I didnt put it on Auto, I put it on On and went to sleep. When I woke up to my Apex notifications txt I notice my temp was 89.6 F almost 90 Degrees Fahrenheit.

So my question is why didnt any corals die? I have a full reef tank with SPS, LPS, and softies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bring it down slowly and Good Luck! This is why I run a heater with built in Thermostat as a redundancy.

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
We had a topic on this a few months back with SCMAS. There were a few successful reef tanks that hit levels close to yours if not the same with no adverse affects. I know we think of corals especially SPS as very sensitive but they can be resilient especially if they've acclimated to a tank environment for quite some time. On the other hand, keep a close eye as even though this happened a few days ago, doesn't mean you're in the clear. Corals can also STN/RTN weeks after being stressed. Just keep your parameters as stable as possible and don't make any changes to anything in your tank (lighting intensity/schedules, dosing something different, salt brands). In the end, glad your corals made it.

We had a topic on this a few months back with SCMAS. There were a few successful reef tanks that hit levels close to yours if not the same with no adverse affects. I know we think of corals especially SPS as very sensitive but they can be resilient especially if they've acclimated to a tank environment for quite some time. On the other hand, keep a close eye as even though this happened a few days ago, doesn't mean you're in the clear. Corals can also STN/RTN weeks after being stressed. Just keep your parameters as stable as possible and don't make any changes to anything in your tank (lighting intensity/schedules, dosing something different, salt brands). In the end, glad your corals made it.
Thanks I praying nothing dies

Wow glad you didn't lose anything Jessie!
Me to thanks, Im wondering why? Im thinking its because either tank is healthy or because corals been in the same environment for months. Not only did I not lose corals but coloration is still there like nothing ever happened

Yeah, I hope I would have that outcome if it ever happened. I am guessing it was the length of time the temperature was that high also.

Yeah, I hope I would have that outcome if it ever happened. I am guessing it was the length of time the temperature was that high also.
I agree, Im guessing it rose that high over night and I caught it when I woke up because it took all day to get it back to normal so it wasnt that hot for to long.

Latest posts