Something for glass tank bottom - not egg crate

lynncgo

Hi, I am looking for a link to the pvc mat that I read about for the bottom of a glass tank to protect it from getting scratched. I looked on amazon but am hesitant because I don't want to accidentally get something that is not reef safe. Can someone please post a link? I tried looking on marine depot as well but couldn't find anything.

Thank you!

Pretty much anything fiberglass or pvc is reef safe. Do you have a link fore what you discovered that you are reluctant about? What is your resistance against egg crate / panel diffuser?

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Most reefers use starboard for bare bottom tanks as it tends to be cheaper. a lot of OC guys goes to paragon plastics in Santa Ana to pick up sheets of this or PVC sheet.

This is the link that I was looking at:

https://www.amazon.com/Celtec-Expan...UTF8&qid=1539901081&sr=8-6&keywords=pvc+sheet

I didn't want to use an egg crate because I didn't want to have to do a deep sand bed to hide the egg crate. Also, I just image that my goby/shrimp and/or nassarius snails wouldn't like it either.....
My pistol and goby decided to hollow out a piece of live rock. I would love to put a lighted camera snake in there one day to see what it looks like. They have about 3 doors on different ends of the rock that is about 15 pounds.

Starboard is found on Plastic websites and many use on the bottom and can be found in white or Black. WWC uses it on the bottom of all their tanks.

Starboard is found on Plastic websites and many use on the bottom and can be found in white or Black. WWC uses it on the bottom of all their tanks.
Starboard gets my vote. Its what I used when I was bare bottomed,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts