Hello from Canoga Park

Hi guys, my name is Chasen.

I have been on these forums for years but never posted anything on my tank. Currently I have a 75 gal cube tank. I have been in the hobby for 12 years now. I have had a 24gal cube (which cracked), 6 gallon nano, 600 gallon farm system. and now just my 75 gal 24'' cube.

This tank is about 1 year and 7 months old.
Its been moved around since this photo. I will give you more photos once i get some time on my hands. Any questions please ask, thanks!

Current Stock
mated true percula clownfish
radiant Wrasse
copperband butterfly
chromis
firefish
vergate rabbitfish
mated harlequin shrimp
conchs
asorted snails
emerald crabs

Equipment
Starphire Glass 24' Cube tank
XR-15 pro gen 4
Eshoppes AXIUM X-120 Skimmer
Sea Side Aquatics GFO Reactor
couple of crappy small pumps with dollar store timers ;)
RFG nozzles
Fluval Sea 950gph Return Pump
Herbie Durso Custom Plumbing
13gal refugium

Attachments

What does maintaining your system and coral healthy consist of?
Everything seems to have great color.
Ok, sooo. I water change 15 gallons a week religiously. change skimmer every few days. I dose about a half teaspoon of granulated sugar in the sump every day for removal of nitrates and phosphates. I use 120 grams of gfo and test phosphorus a lot, its at around 7-8 phosphorus. Phosphates and KH is the paramaters I most often check. Dose with brightwell calcium, kh, and magnesium, and Coral Color...by hand. For some reason i don't have an automatic doser . but stability is the key and don't over do it on any chemicals. and top off RODI every day if I remember. Always check for pests as well, from Montipora eating nudis and check for bacterial infections on the zoas and palys. Furan 2 is amazing for most Zoanthid and Paly infections. Change filter socks 2 times a week. I feed 2 cubes of mysis daily and 1 half shell of little neck clams. I feed the coral Reefroids. I would say water changes are the best form of maintenance. Thanks for the question dontavo27!