Scmas = Good Ole Boys Club

Well, seems that board meeting are not open to general membership.

First off, I wonder how many members even knew about the meeting?? I wonder how many meetings they have had previously, and what they discussed, on our behalf that we dont need to know about...

According to someone, not sure who he is, but was never introduced as a board member before...

"They are discussing things that are not privy to general membership"
(I know bad grammar, but that was the quote...)

Is this a public club, with membership elected officers or not??? Are we not allowed to know anything, except what the priviledged or assertive few tell us...

Or is it a fully or partnership owned business entity?? They run it and set the rules and the info we can hear, and what we can do as a club??

I was asked if I would leave, and I said no, (thinking they would or needed to tell me)

The guy then said "the meeting was cancelled, and that they, a group of guys and freinds, were just going to go get a cup of coffee and talk stuff and I was not welcome".

I said "well then, if the meeting is cancelled and no official business is being discussed, then I guess there is nothing for me then".

I looked at everyone, (about 8-10people), some of them I recognized, some I didnt, Saw Greg, Steve, and Richard, and Ben,but did not recognize or remember names of the others.

I did nt know SCMAS had so many people on the board... And for them to not want regular members to know what was going on in the meeting, I can presume that they were all board members.. I hate assumptions, but presumptions are better...

I know they saw my public outcry for reform, and for them to be resistant to interest from the membership, is beyond me, except for me to speculate they have more to hide then ANYONE knows...

The need for rules is a given. How many rules is the question, and which ones...

To me, the obvious first choice is DOCUMENTATION... meeting minutes, budget reports, etc...

Sorry, the first one is kinda important and affects everything else...

It is the only way to share the info with the membership, and to document issues so they can reviewed later as neci=essary...

I know everyone has opinions of some of the events and issues and accusations. That is important to get rectified, BUT, it wont get rectified without establishing rules of order FIRST....

Think about it and you will know, please dont assume that it is already happening, cause it isnt....

There is ZERO procedure or protocol other then discussion and memory whoever has the ball is supposed to run with it...

That is what I mean when I talk about legitimacy, not the paper trail to the govt, but the process of running a club with some level of accoutnability and procedure for dispute resolution..

The current board of directors is guilty, but it is not that bad, but thier error allowed other errors to occur. So, if you leave your house unlocked, with the jewelry on the front door with a welcome sign, yes, the crook is still the crook, but yuo kinda asked for it didnt you? And arent you going to make sure your house is locked before you go to the court house to see the guy hang for the crime???

The first thing interim leadership should do, is impliment some rules, show some effort and time frame for completion of alll the rules, then the interim leadership should do is impliment procedures for an early election process, to elect full time leadership, from there, leadership needs to communicae with membership to discuss how to proceed with future plans and RAP 08 or 09

after membership understands the amount of rules and accountiblity they want to participate, i.e. gavel and sargeant at arms and all that, or just a secretary and a review of the minutes and that is it, after they decide how much they are willing to tolerate and volunteer for, then they can decide if that is adequate to host events like RAP

Too many things onthe TODO list and not enough resources to get them done. So does this mean, do the things that everyone wants to do, and that is investigate kevin, while the rules and procedures and accountibility go down the toilet?

This club has run for 20 years, not sure about its beginnings, but obviously the foundation of order is LOST!!!!

In todays world,we all know that no matter how well we CYA, we still get bit in the ass.

If we as a club dont CYA, then we as a club will get bit in the ass, and I know some think we already did...

not sure if they are turning paid members away or just me, but either way, I am a paid member, and I have a right to witness what they are doing and saying at the least.

Their ignorance of COMMON COURTESY, in understanding I drove an hour and half to get tehr, and two hours to get back, just so the can do BUSINESS AS USUAL, with same disregard for documentaion, or any other procedure is a prime example of the good ole boys club at it again...

Bottom line, finding someone that does not have a potential conflict of interest is going to be difficult, cause we can all benefit, even so slightly by rubbing elbows with vendors and other insiders that can make it easy t tke care of our own tanks,

I think I read over on the other forum, that someone from florida indicated that his reserch pretty much admonishes most conflict of interest, if they are known in advance...

just a thought...

But, I suggest to every scmas member, or anyone wanting or thinking of being a member of scmas or anyother group, to mandate that certain procedres and protocols be implimented, minutes of the meetings, all of them, should be the first and most important rule made and followed...

After that, pick and choose what is best for the club...

So, call or contact your leadership, right away, and promote others to do the same..

If you dont have time to go to the meeting or to take on other tasks tht need to be done, than at least, spned a few minutes and email the leadership and demand rules, and if they say they are wroking on it, then demand to know an estimate for completion, and for minutes to be taken at the least until all the rules are enacted...

Stand up for democratic process... we can make a difference... We are more then them...

Come on, share the letter you wrote to make it easier for others, if you want...

Do something,...

Bill

Latest posts