What to feed?

supmar85

What do you guys feed your denros, duncuns, or sun corals? i am feeding mysis once a week but it increases my nitrates too much! what do you guys recommend. Thanks in advance

supmar85

Yea that is probably the case, the only thing is that i want to feed all of them at the same time but i end up over feeding

Kbra

Do you rinse your food in RO after it melts down? Lots of junk in the blocks...

chipcount

u need to spot feed with your pumps off...not just dump a whole cube of mysis in your aquapod lol

fran

I feed my suncoral and others like it artic pods or oyste and they seem to like it very well. I feed about every 3 days and they seem to like it.

ca2or

ok....I am sure this is going to start something...but here we go.

To answer your question, I do my own DIY fish food and target feed my Duncan's from time to time. Worked out quite well. First 4 months I had them I went from 3 heads to 13, then started the DIY food and in the next 3 months I went from 13 heads to 60+. True story. Also, I have fed them guppies....shhh. Don't tell anyone.

ca2or

Want proof? Here are some pic's

First got them

after first 4 months of mysis feeding, Just started DIY

This was from 8/11

Last edited:
I feed heavily everyday and have no issues with Nitrates increasing.... make sure your skimmer is working good, clean out your filters, and do weekly water changes and you should be A ok...

I feed pellets, mysis, brine, dang near everything and anything!!!!
My corals are pigs anyways!!!!!

Good luck!

ok....I am sure this is going to start something...but here we go.

To answer your question, I do my own DIY fish food and target feed my Duncan's from time to time. Worked out quite well. First 4 months I had them I went from 3 heads to 13, then started the DIY food and in the next 3 months I went from 13 heads to 60+. True story. Also, I have fed them guppies....shhh. Don't tell anyone.
Guppys? i got plenty of those fry in my sisters tanks im going to have to try that lol. just dont tell her lol