Info on frog spawn coral

travisw30

Hey i just got a frogspawn with 3-4 small heads for $10. I know nothing about LPS corals. Do you need to feed frogspawn? Lighting? Water Flow? Ect. as always any info is helpful!:aetsch:

I find that they do better in mid light and low flow. I dont target feed then and there really hardy unless they fall over or you have really really bad tank prams.

Nick_kun

Yeah, frogspawn definately enjoy low-mid flow. I've tried target feeding mine but I never really see any major changes (growth wise). Like sharpermike said, they are super hardy as long as you give them good water params and proper amount of light(mid-high).

ibefishy

I target feed mine small bits of cut up shrimp and it has grown 10x from what it was when I got it about 9 months ago.

ibefishy

Yes it needs to be wild caught...not farmed. Frozen, not cooked, shell on. A bag of this will last for a long time. I generally will make most of it for dinner for my family while saving 5 or so to use as food for the tank. Even 5 pieces will last for several weeks because you dont use the whole thing. I only cut about 1/4 of it to use for food. I feed everything 2x a week. Just be sure it is completely defrosted, and cleaned before you use it as food for your tank. I also make my own food from clams, shrimp, nori and fish. But thats another recipe.

travisw30

Hey i finally got my water under control and stuff is starting to open back up. But my frogspawn has a wierd film over 3 of its for heads. Is this die off or is it trying to come back. Should i leave it be or clean the film off?