Powder Coating light fixtures

Wankel

Supporter
Anyone have any experience getting housings powder coated? I am going to clean up a 8 lamp and get it coated hopefully if its not too much. Otherwise rattle cans can do wonders!

Wankel

Supporter
Thanks Schnitzel, yeah I was thinking about that too, but I have experience getting things powder coated for autos and man does it come out nice!

Pretty sure its steel, aluminum doesn't rust! It's a Sunlight Supply Tek Light.

sonnus

Premium Sponsor
Premium sponsor
You can powder coat pretty much any metal, aluminum is not a problem. There are even new techniques that make it possible to powder coat wood!

The price will depend on the existing finish. If the housing already has a coating on it then it will need to be stripped which will increase the cost. Most shops have a $50-60 minimum but if you ask them to slip it in with another job (same color) they might give you a break.

Wankel

Supporter
Why don't you hit up Dave? Im sure he will make you a sweet deal on a fixture.
I picked up this 8 lamp to put some reefbrite leds in it, so I already have a fixture. Besides, the way they went about things that day didn't really sit well with me, unless he was never informed, which I wouldn't put past Mike.

Wankel

Supporter
Oh no, not yet, I found a place in Gardena, but I think they have a $80 minimum. I love Sonnus idea though, I don't see why they wouldn't squeeze it in, probably just go with black anyways. I still need to break it all down, I want to take just the housing to them so its less work.

Oh no, not yet, I found a place in Gardena, but I think they have a $80 minimum. I love Sonnus idea though, I don't see why they wouldn't squeeze it in, probably just go with black anyways. I still need to break it all down, I want to take just the housing to them so its less work.
The shop we use at work for powder coating it's around orange I think but I see people walk in with small stuff all the time like car parts. Maybe they don't have a minimum I'll get the name of the shop tomorrow.

TheBluefish

Supporter
Check out craigslist. I know there was a company that posted deals there for powder coating. Good luck on your project!

What size is your fixture and what color are you looking to get coated? I have a sls tek shell thats already gutted and coated. Its beej shaved down to a 36" from a 48". Save you the hassle if this is what your looking for.
[/URL

The company we use is called performance powder coating. I know they do good work seen it multiple times. Don't know about a minimum though.

We powder coat, our shop is located in Anaheim let me know if you are interested, I can talk to my boss give you a reefer discount :D

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

The shop we use at work for powder coating it's around orange I think but I see people walk in with small stuff all the time like car parts. Maybe they don't have a minimum I'll get the name of the shop tomorrow.
Did you ever get that company for powder coating in Orange County?