Official SoCal Local Fish Store thread - LFS reviews and photos

Ellis aquatics- ***** (five star) the only thing i don't like is that he changes his hrs. Often. (i know it is posted on his facebook) jayson has great customer service and the prices are amazing thank you jason for helping everyone!

Coral grazers- ***** (five star) chad is a great knowledgeable person with great customer service, i only been there one time, at the time of visit the place was pack! I love the anemone display he has.

Reef lounge- ***** (five star) been there several times, this place has a good selection of fish and coral. Price are reasonable, wally customer service is great.

Sps store- **** (4 star) been there 4-5 times, the store is clean nice fish and corals, the 4-5 times i been there i was greeted by a teenager the kid has great customer service and was a bit knowledgeable of the products but didn't know the prices of some of the items he told me to come back to talk to aron. ( he did try to call aron but he did not answer).

Bobs tropical fish in los angeles (monterey park) ** (2 star)- when i first started in this hobby i bought most of my stuff from them pricing was high but i didn't know better ... I had few arguments with jason on a store credit he gave me on a fish i traded. (he didn't honer it) be careful with store credit with this store they wont honer it after you leave the store and come back to claim you credit you have. He has lost my business and recommendations.

I got coral- ***** (5 star) fullerton location- the place is clean great selection of coral and fish, great price, the store just open in october/ november, haven't been back to see it completed.

South bay aquarium - ***** (5 star) grace the owner is a nice person i got most of my plumbing parts from her the price was good, selection of fish is okay coral is ok the place is a bit dirty but grace personality makes up for it.

Coral obsession (** two stars) i haven't been to the store but i was interested in one of the zoas they had for sale in this forum. After giving me a price for the zoa i was going to buy someone from the store sends me a msg. Saying that the price is not the one he posted on the forum but a much higher price. Be careful with them.

OC Reef madness- (**) sold me some fish that killed each other... yes clown fish ... i was a rookie at the time didn't know better. do your own research on the fish and don't trust him of what he tells you about the fish.

reefers garage- (***** five) I went to this place to pick up a chalice he had for sale in this forum, the owner is very friendly, the shop is not to big but they have good pricing on dry goods, fish and coral.

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Bobs tropical fish in los angeles (monterey park) ** (2 star)- when i first started in this hobby i bought most of my stuff from them pricing was high but i didn't know better ... I had few arguments with jason on a store credit he gave me on a fish i traded. (he didn't honer it) be careful with store credit with this store they wont honer it after you leave the store and come back to claim you credit you have. He has lost my business and recommendations.
Haha really? Jayson is real honest. He can't make money on fish people return. You return it for a reason. Anyway I've know him for 2 years now. I get 90% of my fish from him. But I agree you wont get much money on fish credit. Prices on fish can't be beat. Not the best place for coral.

i bought a french angel from him for $130.00 cash, small size i felt in love with the fish after having it for about 1-2 years i went back to him and i asked him if it was okay to bring the french angel for store credit (to big for my tank) , HE immediately SAID YES... he told me to leave it and when he sells it he will let me know how much, after two days he calls me and tells me he sold it for $250. i went to the store and he said that he was going to give me $50 store credit i agreed to that and picked up about $20 of dry goods that left me with a $30 store credit came back on Friday same week and he tells me I HAVE NO CREDIT with him i told him i had a $30 CREDIT HE TELLS ME NO I (thats when he gets his fish shipment)
Haha really? Jayson is real honest. He can't make money on fish people return. You return it for a reason. Anyway I've know him for 2 years now. I get 90% of my fish from him. But I agree you wont get much money on fish credit. Prices on fish can't be beat. Not the best place for coral.

Last edited:

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
i bought a french angel from him for $130.00 cash, small size i felt in love with the fish after having it for about 1-2 years i went back to him and i asked him if it was okay to bring the french angel for store credit (to big for my tank) , HE immediately SAID YES... he told me to leave it and when he sells it he will let me know how much, after two days he calls me and tells me he sold it for $250. i went to the store and he said that he was going to give me $50 store credit i agreed to that and picked up about $20 of dry goods that left me with a $30 store credit came back on Friday same week and he tells me I HAVE NO CREDIT with him i told him i had a $30 CREDIT HE TELLS ME NO I (thats when he gets his fish shipment)
I guess that's why he does the certificate now...

Latest posts