Greaser9999's IM 40g fusion build

JC Reef

Premium Member
Supporter
Excellent job mate!

Finally got the stand inside, wanted to see how the color would look inside the house. The ole lady was good with it and that's good enough for me lol

Nothing like perfectly flat stand glad I went thru the trouble of milling the wood, now I won't have to worry about trying to shim it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
This is looking great so far. I like the pallet look and arch you got going with the rocks. What's the plan for coral? Adding any wave makers?

This is looking great so far. I like the pallet look and arch you got going with the rocks. What's the plan for coral? Adding any wave makers?
Thanks!! As of now I have an mp10 for flow, and I'm probably going to upgrade the return pump with a sicce 2.0. I think that should give me more than enough!! As far as corals go I'm gonna stick to softies like I always have lol I'll have to be very picky since space is limited but I'll be going with my usual zoas, shrooms. I may throw a few sticks in there for the upper part of the arch but it'll be simple stuff, nothing expensive

Super stoked today!! My tank arrived along with my 20lbs of Indo-Pacific black live sand. Hoping to get it up & running this coming weekend, thanks a lot [MENTION=6299]MarineDepot[/MENTION] for the extremely fast shipping!! Placed my order Friday evening and it came in today, can't beat that for free shipping

Finally unpacked my tank and got it on the stand, hoping to get it going before this weekend is over.

[MENTION=3628]BeanMachine[/MENTION] this is how I got my wife to keep cool during the build, Looks like a rainforest around the tank but whatever's, she never nagged once about it lol she's looking forward to getting it going as much as I am

Finally unpacked my tank and got it on the stand, hoping to get it going before this weekend is over.

[MENTION=3628]BeanMachine[/MENTION] this is how I got my wife to keep cool during the build, Looks like a rainforest around the tank but whatever's, she never nagged once about it lol she's looking forward to getting it going as much as I am

haha very nice... so mine just dropped a project off for me in the middle of where I had planned to scape my tank in the garage. Bumped my plans for my aqua scape by a couple weeks dammit! :) Happy wife...

haha very nice... so mine just dropped a project off for me in the middle of where I had planned to scape my tank in the garage. Bumped my plans for my aqua scape by a couple weeks dammit! :) Happy wife...
Happy wife= successful build lol

Finally got the tank up and running after two days working on dialing everything in. Water is still a bit cloudy, should be clear in another day or two.

Full shot & stand shot

Top compartment will be for supplements & controllers. Middle compartment will be solely for power strips and tucking away cables. Lower compartment for ATO reservoir and chiller

Although I do plan on upgrading equipment, this will do for now to get me going. It was a budget build so some items were used, but as long as they do their job lol

Radion XR30 gen2
Sicce 2.0 return pump (upgraded from stock IM pump)
MP-10Es
Eheim Jager 100w heater
IM Ghost skimmer (mid-size)
Tunze 3152 ATO unit
25lbs Marco dry rock
20lbs Indo-Pacific black sand