Reef Charity?

Someone really needs to start one! I have a ton of old equipment stored up that I have no motivation selling piece by piece. Some stuff like Metal Halides that no one really buys anymore, DIY LED lights I made and just random small reef stuff not worth parting individually. =[ I'd like to donate stuff for a good cause like schools and other good causes. I've made a similar post a year or two back, but there was nothing/no one of this sort that was taking equipment to donate. I'm reluctant to taking stuff to like Goodwill since they are for-profit and don't pay their employees well.

Anyone know any places or organizations that I can contact to donate this reef stuff? My goal is that a) it's for a good cause, b) that the equipment is actually put to use, and c) that it goes to people who "need" it.

Soooo who's gonna start a non-profit? =P

Someone really needs to start one! I have a ton of old equipment stored up that I have no motivation selling piece by piece. Some stuff like Metal Halides that no one really buys anymore, DIY LED lights I made and just random small reef stuff not worth parting individually. =[ I'd like to donate stuff for a good cause like schools and other good causes. I've made a similar post a year or two back, but there was nothing/no one of this sort that was taking equipment to donate. I'm reluctant to taking stuff to like Goodwill since they are for-profit and don't pay their employees well.

Anyone know any places or organizations that I can contact to donate this reef stuff? My goal is that a) it's for a good cause, b) that the equipment is actually put to use, and c) that it goes to people who "need" it.

Soooo who's gonna start a non-profit? =P
A lot of JCs and local Aquariums would be happy to take it. Ive given stuff to Zgolden West College they have a Marine Biology Dept

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I donated a setup to my kids preschool & they quickly changed it to freshwater- reef maintenance & electricity costs are prohibitive. I tried Goodwill but they didnt want it. If youre looking for a tax write off it wont be much.

dontavo27

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
My Tank Build
Im in the same situation, I have a ton of equipment, dry rock, and a tank or two. Maybe trying a marine biology department at a CSU campus in your area. Ive went to the CSUN marine biology department a while back,
And it looked like they could use some equipment etc.

Latest posts