something stupid...Legos

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
Has anyone tried using LEGOS as frag plugs? Or LEGOS as structure for corals to grow on. I think it be a neat idea to grow corals on LEGOS. But I was wondering if the color dyes they used for it would leech out.

They wont leak out they are inert. Kids could chew on them and they will never release anything. People have aquascapes with them looks cool but unnatural. I think they make a rock looking color maybe make rock structure with those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djrice69

Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
They wont leak out they are inert. Kids could chew on them and they will never release anything. People have aquascapes with them looks cool but unnatural. I think they make a rock looking color maybe make rock structure with those.

Oh great, I guess I am gonna go buy some and try it. Maybe I'll set up another tank just for kicks and giggles and see how it grows.

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
I'll see if I can find it but I've seen a tank on FB where the whole aquascape was made from legos. I guess making your own frag rack would be easy to do

You'd want to figure out how to keep air from being trapped in them. I'm thinking to keep from creating inanaerobic areas if that's a word or a thing.
Now I'm giving out ideas I've had in my head for a while and never have done. Collect a bunch of free rock and shape it into cubes or blocks the size of bricks or bigger and stack it into desired designs leaving large opening between them for fish to swim through and water flow. Hopefully link works and you get the idea.
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...b_bAhVCWK0KHVY9BKgQMwg1KAMwAw&iact=mrc&uact=8

look how they did the rock. Can probably add the clear pieces to make frags.

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Clever idea! But the price of legos might cost more than retail frag plugs. They are expensive toys

ReefBuilders did an article on that build (no pun intended). Really love both things as a hobby but something just tells it takes away from the natural look of it. Also coral burns enough money into my tank haha

five.five-six

2020 Philanthropist

Not true, my kids chew on them and now they are 100% kray-kray

djrice69

Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
I am going to end it there this can turn very dark real quick.

To OP so what ideas have you come up with to build or mess around I wanna see ideas
Looking for a frag tank first

Latest posts