Bean's 300 Gallon AGE Build

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Losing fish sucks. Good thing you're QTing though. Hope you have cupramine ready to go. Velvet can take out fish even without visible signs on the body but it seems like something else did them in. Not sure if general cure needs more aeration as I know some medications might deplete O2 levels. Don't add any more fish for the time being. And dry out the QT completely before QTing more fish.
Ugh tell me about this nasty disease. Had a healthy population of fish and introduced a couple of frags and boom! velvet outbreak. Not a fun event at all

BeanMachine

Supporter
Diatoms are going away. Added some bakers yeast but cant say it was the reason they are or if its simply just time. Fish love it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeanMachine

Supporter
The first water change this weekend. Last I checked nitrates were hovering around 25. I also need to bump the alk cal and mag. I'll just do it by hand for now.

Thanks [MENTION=11392]thegrun[/MENTION] for the zoas!

Thanks Puck. Taking it real slow but things are getting dialed in.

BeanMachine

Supporter
I already had to change the ro membrane and refill the two di cartridges. I only got about 400 to 500 gallons out of them.

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
That's a crazy small amount of water to be getting out of dual DI and to also have to replace your membrane already, no way. I assume you checked everything, and trouble shoot already, but there has to be a better/cheaper way. Just out of curiosity, what TDS is your source?

That's a crazy small amount of water to be getting out of dual DI and to also have to replace your membrane already, no way. I assume you checked everything, and trouble shoot already, but there has to be a better/cheaper way. Just out of curiosity, what TDS is your source?
About 410 in and 14 out of the membrane currently. 0 after the two DI stages. Im a newb when it comes to rodi setups. Wanna come by if your ever in the area and give me a lesson? I purchased a new membrane and purchased refillable di cartridges. I have the aquatic life booster pump as well.

Where did you get the filter media? Also, how often are you changing it out?

I just put them in the tank the other day. Aquarium companies sell it as filter floss but you can get it at Michaels or Amazon much cheaper. Fiber fill... pillow stuffing. Its 100 percent polyester. Ill prob change it once a week. Im not quite sure yet. I got two big bags for 9 bucks and should be enough to change it out 6 times.

I just put them in the tank the other day. Aquarium companies sell it as filter floss but you can get it at Michaels or Amazon much cheaper. Fiber fill... pillow stuffing. Its 100 percent polyester. Ill prob change it once a week. Im not quite sure yet. I got two big bags for 9 bucks and should be enough to change it out 6 times.

Thanks. Im using the blue poly filter now and Ive noticed that its good for about three days before it clogs.

The dragon skull should look pretty sweet once I get a coral to encrust over it. Not sure that will be the final resting spot. I got it from Alternative Reef a while back.

I also have a orc head as well lol Ill prob throw it in also!

The dragon skull should look pretty sweet once I get a coral to encrust over it. Not sure that will be the final resting spot. I got it from Alternative Reef a while back.

I also have a orc head as well lol Ill prob throw it in also!

You'll want to make it more prominent. It'll disappear once everything is growing. I saw a tank with a ship wreck in it of all things as hokey as they are, a big one too. Maybe 2-3' but it was almost unnoticeable due to all the corals on and fish swimming about it. With the large openings they were cruising it(no pun intended)like fish do in real life. I thought the guy just had a cool scape design until it slowly came into vision what I was looking at.

Latest posts