Tropic marin pro!

Hey, just wanted to say thanks, you were totally right. I did a 3x strength Revive dip and shook the coral off really hard. So far I don't see any more (UV flashlight is great for spotting them) but I'm going to dip it again in a couple days.
Interceptor is a pretty painless process for red bugs if you ever have a prob.

For those you dont believe me that have red bugs, try it. And if you still dont believe me, i'll get a frag from someone who has red bugs and i'll make a thread about it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coelli

Premium Member
Supporter
Interceptor is a pretty painless process for red bugs if you ever have a prob.
Well, I have a ton of inverts I'd hate to lose (and can't get out of the tank). Pom pom crabs, a shitload of sexy shrimp, acro crabs, pistol paired with a yasha, etc. So treating the whole tank is kind of not going to happen. :( Don't want to wipe out my pods either because of the mandarin. I don't have anything too high end that redbugs like so we'll see how it goes.

Well, I have a ton of inverts I'd hate to lose (and can't get out of the tank). Pom pom crabs, a shitload of sexy shrimp, acro crabs, pistol paired with a yasha, etc. So treating the whole tank is kind of not going to happen. :( Don't want to wipe out my pods either because of the mandarin. I don't have anything too high end that redbugs like so we'll see how it goes.
Try brightwells phosphate E. I guarantee you that it'll take care of the red bugs within 2 treaments. Plus it'll also lower your po4 level. Its reef safe, it wont hurt anything.

Try brightwells phosphate E. I guarantee you that it'll take care of the red bugs within 2 treaments. Plus it'll also lower your po4 level. Its reef safe, it wont hurt anything.

You need to be careful with that though. Dropping your phosphate levels to quickly can bleach your corals.

Mixed at 8 440 1300 my tank is at 8.5 460 and mag is at 1440

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Right on. Do you change a lot of water at a time? I just use regular IO but only change about 10 to 15 percent. Alk at 9 or so lately but I need to check the alk of IO. If I remember right its 9.5 to 10.

Just thinking if you do large water changes it might stress your corals if the parameters are far off using another salt.

I got great results with TMP also. Its like the classic old school snobby (premium) salt because of its price. I did the math and it cost 2x as much for me to do WCs, or $11 instead of $6 (IO) per WC. I considered either cheap compared to all the livestock & equip that cost $$$, that died or broke down.

Regarding the Best Salt, i concluded that all salts were very different from NSW. Batches of the same brand varied in quality. People got good results from every salt out there. If a new salt came out with great bucket art I had to try it. Especially if it had the word "pro" in it because it made me feel like a pro, just like my tooth paste (pro health) & camera (goPro).

Right on. Do you change a lot of water at a time? I just use regular IO but only change about 10 to 15 percent. Alk at 9 or so lately but I need to check the alk of IO. If I remember right its 9.5 to 10.

Just thinking if you do large water changes it might stress your corals if the parameters are far off using another salt.
Im doing 10 gallons a week now may drop to 10 every 2 weeks my nitrate still at 0 and p04 is at 0.02 with feeding heavy ..

Im doing 10 gallons a week now may drop to 10 every 2 weeks my nitrate still at 0 and p04 is at 0.02 with feeding heavy ..

Ive got 0 nitrates and .14 phosphates. Just a skimmer the last few months. I need to do a water change. ;)

Your tank is like a 240 right?

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
I've see a few really nice tanks with redbugs in it. These reefers said that it didn't really harm their sps, it was more of an annoyance to the SPS than harm.

Coelli

Premium Member
Supporter
My SPS is healthy and my phosphate's already 0 (too low actually) so it should be okay if I have to go that route. I'll keep dipping and hope for the best. :)

I change salts about a month ago went to rap talked with the tmp guy n he gave me some samples. I used all n purchased more. Let's just say the salt is worth the price my colors have just been great I'm sold! I went from Redsea coral pro n it was worth every penny

I do double the water changes at half the price with IO and my tank has never looked better(12 gallons per day on 600 gallons). I will be showing it off at the SCMAS Christmas party in a few weeks for those of you who are attending. I tried all the expensive salts and none made that much of a difference and were as consistent as IO.