Tank overhaul!!

So it took me about 4 hours, had to literally take out every single piece of liverock to the the anthias trio!! Little bastards... Gave me the chance to redo my rock work along with the new sick tonga branch I picked up from Matt [MENTION=6028]Fly5150[/MENTION] thanks dude!! Big water change, 5 fish out to reduce bioload, fish are happy with new rock work. Made more holes and more open areas between rocks for better flow and more for the fish to roam thru!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oooohhh nice fishes. I just went through the same thing catching my lyretails. very smart fish and surprisingly fit in a lot of little spaces..haha.

oooohhh nice fishes. I just went through the same thing catching my lyretails. very smart fish and surprisingly fit in a lot of little spaces..haha.
Thanks!! Oh yea, they were trying to hide under pebbles lol. Still got them in the end

Last edited:
Looks GREAT!

Beware you might have die off or moved rocks that had debris under them. If I were you id watch the tank carefully and have a water change ready.

So it took me about 4 hours, had to literally take out every single piece of liverock to the the anthias trio!! Little bastards... Gave me the chance to redo my rock work along with the new sick tonga branch I picked up from Matt [MENTION=6028]Fly5150[/MENTION] thanks dude!! Big water change, 5 fish out to reduce bioload, fish are happy with new rock work. Made more holes and more open areas between rocks for better flow and more for the fish to roam thru!

Looks really nice. Glad you were able to get those anthias out. Btw, the wand works awesome. I think I'm pest free now!

Looks GREAT!

Beware you might have die off or moved rocks that had debris under them. If I were you id watch the tank carefully and have a water change ready.
Yea I'm expecting a diatom bloom at minimum for sure!! Gonna keep an eye for another possible water change this coming weekend

Thanks guys!! Was a pain in the *** but finally was able to get it done!
[MENTION=6028]Fly5150[/MENTION] u can rent it out to [MENTION=8155]will21xl[/MENTION] and start making some money off it lol

So it took me about 4 hours, had to literally take out every single piece of liverock to the the anthias trio!! Little bastards...
Yeah when I was reading your thread about catching anthias my thoughts were oh man gonna have to remove the rock and they hide inside the rock. Well I speak from experience as I had to remove everything also. Looks good on the branches

Yeah when I was reading your thread about catching anthias my thoughts were oh man gonna have to remove the rock and they hide inside the rock. Well I speak from experience as I had to remove everything also. Looks good on the branches
Never again will an anthias set fins in my tank! Lol

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Both times I bought anthias recently I helped remove the rock where they were hiding and once you remove the rock they pop out lol **** anthias...

BeanMachine

Supporter
I love your fish Miguel... I wish I had the ballz to try those angels but I like my zoas and palys too much. Have you lost any specific corals to them nipping?

What anthias did you remove and were they aggressive or something?

I love your fish Miguel... I wish I had the ballz to try those angels but I like my zoas and palys too much. Have you lost any specific corals to them nipping?

What anthias did you remove and were they aggressive or something?
Thanks!! My emperor destroyed a colony of radioactive dragon eye so I just saved myself the trouble n removed them all. Fish only is good for me right now, easier to maintain. I removed a trio of lyretail anthias, 1male, 2females. Male was a bit aggressive, but i took fish out mainly to reduce bioload. Took out the 3 & 2 pajama cardinals. Im taking my clowns out once I get my cube going, gonna try and clean it up tomorrow. Try too....

Last edited: