Is it time to graduate to a calcium reactor?

MarineDepot

Proud Sponsor
Premium sponsor
Ive only been able to find 1 review. Does anyone at MD have any experience with them? Thank you!
Hi Andy,

Unfortunately, none of us here has had a chance to play with it. However, we've sold 17 in the last 2 months and a total of over 60 with zero returns. It is on sale, so would be a great time to try one out :) Having a pre-set working pressure definitely helps to make things easier. The cooler running solenoid valve is a nice feature as well.

MarineDepot

Proud Sponsor
Premium sponsor
I just bought one. I guess mine is the first defective one. MD has the best customer service out there though. The new one will be here tomorrow.
BOO! Please accept our sincere apology. Glad we were able to get you squared away, though. Please let us know how the replacement works out for you.

mark.a.smith405

Premium Member
Supporter
I just bought one. I guess mine is the first defective one. MD has the best customer service out there though. The new one will be here tomorrow.
Hey dude i heard about your old reg failing on SD Reefs. You should post a review on the aquamaxx reg. i am considering getting one as well. If not just let me know how set up went for it. Thanks Ray!

Hey dude i heard about your old reg failing on SD Reefs. You should post a review on the aquamaxx reg. i am considering getting one as well. If not just let me know how set up went for it. Thanks Ray!
Quick review of this product:

Pros:
  • Size. Its a very compact, sleek size.
  • uses a small rubber gasket instead of the plastic washer
  • quiet and runs cooler than the last regulator
  • gauges are easy to read and can be read without moving the bottle to view them. I can view them from a standing postion, rather than bending down.

Cons:
  • No instructions what so ever included. I couldn't find anything online either. I found out the hard way how not to ruin the O-ring.
  • sticker depicting how much CO2 is being released fell off on both regulators in minutes of handling.

Overall, I really like it. The first one I received was defective but, the second one is working perfectly. I can answer any other questions anyone has regarding this regulator. I would give this an 8 out of 10.

MarineDepot

Proud Sponsor
Premium sponsor
Quick review of this product:

Pros:
  • Size. Its a very compact, sleek size.
  • uses a small rubber gasket instead of the plastic washer
  • quiet and runs cooler than the last regulator
  • gauges are easy to read and can be read without moving the bottle to view them. I can view them from a standing postion, rather than bending down.

Cons:
  • No instructions what so ever included. I couldn't find anything online either. I found out the hard way how not to ruin the O-ring.
  • sticker depicting how much CO2 is being released fell off on both regulators in minutes of handling.

Overall, I really like it. The first one I received was defective but, the second one is working perfectly. I can answer any other questions anyone has regarding this regulator. I would give this an 8 out of 10.
Thank you for the feedback. Would you mind writing a review on our site, too? I also forwarded your feedback over to AquaMaxx so they (hopefully) address the CONS you mentioned.