Fish addiction!

It had been about a month since my last fish purchase. I exhausted my fish money I had saved for about a year and money this year is not flowing anywhere near what it was like last year. I'm barely treading water paying the bills this year and keeping my business alive. My buddy bought some fish food off me that I make with the condition I join him on a fish store field trip with him. How could I say no. Went to [MENTION=7141]igotcorals[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1548]reef[/MENTION]lounge. After seeing [MENTION=7381]oredith[/MENTION] 's gorgeous vlamangi tang it brought back memories of my old vlamangi I had years ago before I tore down my tank due to a leak and funds. I got corals had this guy for sale and I couldn't resist.
he's about 2 maybe 2.5". Let him loose, nobody bothered him. Fed them and he ate right after acclimating and introducing him. I'm in love! Missed buying fish due to being broke so bad I went in my closet and am about to roll these guys up to get a few more fish. Talk about problems

Nice Achilles. How big is he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, he's a solid 5 inches. He actually made his presence known to my new little vlamangi but just went side by side and flared up next to him then left him completely alone.

I notice that some Achilles have larger orange teardrop at the tail than others. Do you know if that's how to distinguish male from female Achilles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, he's a solid 5 inches. He actually made his presence known to my new little vlamangi but just went side by side and flared up next to him then left him completely alone.
Never looked into it. I have noticed though that when they are a bit smaller the orange isn't as defined though. Soon as I'm done counting the pennies I'm looking into it though, now I'm curious myself

6 months, but I lucked out because he was already eating pellets at the lfs. It took another week or so to get him to eat my food but now he goes after everything.

russ13

Premium Member
Supporter
That's so cool. They are my favorite fish but I have never tried to keep one. I have been told there very hit and miss

That's so cool. They are my favorite fish but I have never tried to keep one. I have been told there very hit and miss
Just ask them to feed em first. If he eats don't think twice to take him, if he doesn't be prepared for the hit or miss. Joe at bell bird farm always feeds them for me if I ask. That's where I got mine.

Nice Red Corris. They might go after snails or crabs if you have any, especially if they are turned upside down
Thanks! I only have 3 regular dollar hermits. They are decent size and have gone through hell and back with copper treatment. Hope he doesn't tear them up but if he does I went in knowing. Made a rookie mistake once a few years back and threw in a 50 baby hermit eBay special and a sexy shrimp in a tank with an established moon wrasse. That was an expensive treat. I now read up on any fish I come across before getting them.

Dang loose change went a longgg way. Rolled up $105 in quarters nickels dimes and pennies. Scored the red coris wrasse and a granny hawkfish from a fellow scr member this morning. Then my buddy calls me if I wanted to buy some fish he recently bought because he's been battling nitrite spikes due to introducing about 20 fish in 3 days time. I picked up a juvi blue ring angel, female swallowtail angel, blue spotted angel and 3 what look like whitleyi slender anthias. Made out like a bandit but also now broke and fully stocked. Gotta start a new piggy bank saving for a bigger tank

Latest posts