72x48x24T

Been browsing around for an upgrade for some time now. My 4' 150 is a little crowded with Tangs and i still have more i want to add to my collection. Well i finally found it.

Picking up this 6'x4'x2' tall at the end of the month. Yea buddy. Dream tank. Best of all my better half isnt going to leave me because of it either.

Looking for some advice with a couple things...

For starters the tank has a 2.5 drain and two 1" holes for returns. Its going in my living room. How would you plumb it for the least amount of noise?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Heres my 48x30x24t. Will be selling in march if anyone is interested shoot me a pm.

Ive done full reefs before but im not up for the maintenance at this time so Im only keeping fish and easy corals

Been browsing around for an upgrade for some time now. My 4' 150 is a little crowded with Tangs and i still have more i want to add to my collection. Well i finally found it.

Picking up this 6'x4'x2' tall at the end of the month. Yea buddy. Dream tank. Best of all my better half isnt going to leave me because of it either.

Looking for some advice with a couple things...

For starters the tank has a 2.5 drain and two 1" holes for returns. Its going in my living room. How would you plumb it for the least amount of noise?

Herbie would be super silent

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Im leaning towards a bean and then bringing the returns up over the back side for now as one side will be against a wall.

Eventually i would like it to be an island and running the syatem with returns coming up over the back would be unsightly. I suppose i could do herbie with one of the return lines...

WOW!. How noisy is it now where it's at? If i's not run the same. Is your current tank quiet? Run it the same just larger scale. I would think it woud work.

thats a cool cube. Cubes are super underrated.
Yea man. I was looking at a couple 300s that were 8' and a grand more than the tank i bought. Ive had an 8' 240 and enjoyed it but always wanted a wider tank. After this 48x30 i couldn't go back to a 24" wide. I just couldnt pass up the deal. The dimensions are a dream if you have the space. In 15 yrs in the hobby ive never seen a tank like this in person. Just got lucky and found someone shutting down a fish room.

Its 3 inch hole with 2.5 drain if i remember correctly.

What was the name of that that pvc plastic you used to line your stand?

I got it at Paragon Plastics. Its 1/8th" colored pvc sheet. I dont remember the trade name of what its called.

Latest posts