Cadlights artisan 2 100g tempered glass?

Does anyone out there know if the Cadlights Artisan 2 is tempered glass? Specifically the bottom glass panel. I recently bought an unused one and found the holes that were drilled are too small and for metric bulkheads. Existing holes are 1.25" center hole with 2*0.5" on each side.

I'm looking to see if anyone has drilled their cadlights artisan 2 as I want to go with 2*1.5" drain/emergency and 1*0.75" for return. Reached out to cadlights but no response yet. TIA

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
I wouldn't drill it either way. I believe you can purchase the conversion kit from the cadlights website or you can purchase parts a la carte from BRS.

ebay has metric bulkheads for sale. I am in the same boat as you. I bought a cadlight 100g used and still planning on how to plumb.

I removed the stock overflow patched up the holes and drilled my own for external overflow and returns
You have the same tank that you drilled new holes in? I just want to make sure it's safe to drill and won't shatter into a million pieces. Thanks for the offer on the bulkhead metric pieces, might have to take you up on your offer

You have the same tank that you drilled new holes in? I just want to make sure it's safe to drill and won't shatter into a million pieces. Thanks for the offer on the bulkhead metric pieces, might have to take you up on your offer
Sorry not the same tank but same company

You can actually use the standard size pvc and slip it over the metric plumbing. Done it multiple time.

Thanks for the feedback. My plumbing is now complete, and configured to the Herbie style. Drain was originally 40mm hole converted to 1.25". The two 25mm holes are now 0.5" for the return and 0.5" for emergency. I know the emergency is inadequately sized but there was no other way unless I drill larger holes.