SPS Addiction

watchguy123

Featured Reef
Top down view, first one is with radium metal halides only. The second is with reefbrites only but unfortunately I changed the angle of the shot. You don't get to see the different lighting side by side too often in a photo.

CoralNerd

CoralNerd
Supporter
RE: Pink Lemonade

Now that's what a PL should look like! Mine is trailing behind yours in growth.
LED T5 combo

watchguy123

Featured Reef
RE: Pink Lemonade

Now that's what a PL should look like! Mine is trailing behind yours in growth.
LED T5 combo
Thanks. I must have bought 5 or 6 different frags of the pink lemonade over the years and never had one look right until now. I presume that there are so many either morphs or knockoffs of it. I had a vision of what I thought it should look like and finally the above frag grew out well. And perhaps it was never a problem with the previous frags that I purchased and just my reef keeping after all. Although purchasing a morph, knockoff or similar frag to what you really wanted is pervasive in our hobby. So many variables, the tank to tank differences for sure and then the mix ups, screw ups and unsavory ripoffs.

Of course the journey may be the best of reefing. Scoring the frag and then growing and coloring it up (after countless hours changing water, scrubbing glass, adding nutrients, removing nutrients, replacing broken or outdated equipment) is the most fun. I would complain about all the work, time, calamities, expense and energy of reefing but i am not the complaining type. Its not my nature.:fisheye:
metal halide only:

Z's Favorite

close up:

Z's Favorite

Reefbrites:

Z's Favorite

Z Favorite

watchguy123

Featured Reef
I have never seen an acro with this long of white growth tips. The growth tips almost an inch long or so are actually an ice blue color with a hint of purple/mauve in them. Pretty crazy

TGC (ReefRaft Asia) Inferno