How do you guys mount your

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
How do you guy mount your controller display or vortech/tunze controls? My DT has a corner overflow box so I was able to mount my controllers in that corner to help cover up the overflow box. But with you folks with a center overflow, how/where do you mount your controller items?

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out the same thing mike. I am thinking of building a small cabinet to house all of the wires and controllers in. Would love to see pics of what guys have done.

haiguys

I just bought one of these, mounted all power supplies on the bottom, with controllers velcroed inside the top shelves. Then bought one of the baskets and cut it in half so it could hide the power supplies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have mine mounted on a panel that's in an ikea bookcase. it sits next to the tank, the panel has an open back and hedges on the side so im able to pull it open to access wires behind.

i have mine mounted on a panel that's in an ikea bookcase. it sits next to the tank, the panel has an open back and hedges on the side so im able to pull it open to access wires behind.
Now that is a really nifty idea. Looks seamless and fits into your living room like that.

How'd you run the wries to hide them or it's pretty much hidden due to the placement of the tank frame and ikea cabinets?

It's an external ghost overflow. So there's like 6" of space from the back of the stand to the wall. I kinda have them running across the floor, as first I had them attached to the stand the realized it would be a ***** to take off when cleaning. The small 20g on the left is an ato and backup space incase the sump floods. It's detachable so I can remove the whole thing out and fit my body in to handle wire when needed. As mentioned before. The panel is henged like a door and even had a handle to open to expose the wires it's a mess behind. Trying to clean it up means I can't really open it. So more like organized chaos lol

Oh, the only thing that's not on it is the ato controller, I forgot to attach it, at which point I was too lazy to thread it through again. Next clean up I'll put it back in the book case.

I have a closet next to the tank where controllers get mounted. I have a few just laying in a box waiting to get mounted :) That's on the list

Latest posts